pip first said paper based assessment 1 day later they won't a face to face? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip first said paper based assessment 1 day later they won't a face to face?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ollieconure, I'm sorry to hear this is all getting a bit too much. It sounds really stressful and I hope you are able to get more information tomorrow.

Do you know anything that might be able to help you sleep? Maybe a hot bath in an evening or reading a book? I know things like this can be difficult when your mind is preoccupied by other things.

Please do let us know how you get on tomorrow.
    Scope

• paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Sorry this is continuing @ollieconure :(

I really hope you find out what's happening tomorrow, once and for all. x
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Hope you found out something useful and positive today @ollieconure

Let us know when you feel up to it x
  • ollieconure
    ollieconure Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    got phone call on friday to be told DWP has sent it to there complaints section manager because even there side had told them to do paper based and they are ignoring the complaints section IAS so i was told on friday they would know more in a few days
  • Chloe_Scope
    I really hope it's not much longer @ollieconure
    Scope

• ollieconure
    paper based been done had phone call today 
  • Chloe_Scope
    How are you feeling about it @ollieconure?
    Scope

• ollieconure
    im just glad its sorted hope its a good outcome?after all this time since june
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    We'll be keeping everything crossed for you @ollieconure. Please let us know when you hear anything. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed @ollieconure. :)
    Scope

• ollieconure
    hooray finally got the paper based done for my husband, and he got enhanced care and standard mobility for 4 years,Im so glad its done less stress now, just 1 question
    we are on income support now since 18th October they had been taking 2 lots of carers from our income support but we got a letter saying they owed us £483 becuase we had not been getting carers so they backdated it from 18th october till 12th december,
    but now i got a letter from carers saying they have got the claim for carers and it will be backdated from 18th October till now,
    But my question is becuae income support have paid that amount will be have to repay that money back to income support if carers is been back dated from that day also,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news! May i ask why they are deducting 2 amounts of carers allowance from your Income support? Is it because you're claiming carers allowance for each other? Or is it because one of you is claiming is for looking after someone else?

Once you've answered that i'll be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieconure
    That’s correct we care for each other 
  • poppy123456
    Ok thanks for that. One final question and sorry about the questions but this one is really important. Do you live with anyone else over the age of 18 or is it just the two of you living in your house? If you live with anyone else over the age of 18 are they claiming a qualifying benefit such as mid/high rate care DLA or PIP daily living?

If you have dependent children over the age of 18 that you're still claiming child benefit for then this doesn't count.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ollieconure
    our son is 16years old in college 
  • poppy123456
    As you are both claiming a qualifying benefit then you would be entitled to claim the couples rate of severe disability premium (providing you're claiming child benefit for your son) The SDP is £131.70 per week BUT you will need to cancel the carers allowance claims before you can claim the SDP.

I see you're claiming Income Support BUT i'm fairly certain that you can claim this without claiming carers allowance because you will still be caring but because i'm not 100% certain on this i'm going to tag a member of our admin team for further advice.

If it's not possible to do this then it would still be more beneficial for one of you to claim the SDP and stop one of the carers allowance claims because this would still make you £29 per week better off.

@Joanne_Scope I'm sorry to bother you this morning but could you help advise here please? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Despite my knowledge i'm really not 100% sure on this and wouldn't want to give incorrect advice.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @poppy123456,
    It's no bother at all!
    My understanding is that if two people are caring for each other then can they could get the double SDP-£131.70. This would mean they could not claim Carers Allowance. They would still have the underlying entitlement though, so should get two Carers Premiums- £73.70. I think they may be better off if they do it that way. 
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    @Joanne_Scope thanks. I don't think that's correct. They wouldn't receive the carers premium, because of the SDP claim.

My question was, can they still claim Income Support if they don't claim carers allowance? I'm sure i read somewhere that you can still claim Income support without claiming carers allowance providing you're claiming a qualifying benefit, such as PIP daily living and caring for each other, which in this case both of them are.

I know it's really confusing and i'm sorry to confuse you. I do know it's definitely more beneficial if one of them cancels carers allowance and claims the SDP. So for example, if the husband cancels the carers allowance he's claiming for the wife then then wife claims the SDP and the wife still continues to claim the carers allowance for the husband. This will give them an extra £29 per week, which is definitely a win win situation.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    @poppy123456,
    It certainly is confusing!
    I am looking at PG 141, section 3. If you look at the info about couples it does seem to say that you can have  2 x SDP and 2 x Carers Premium. 
    I do think that the only way they can keep Income Support is by qualifying as a Carer.

Joanne 
    Scope
  • Joanne_Alumni
    @poppy123456,
    I don't think that the underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance would be enough to keep the IS so I think your way is best in this case.
    Joanne 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.