Hi, my name is j4eyes! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is j4eyes!

j4eyes
j4eyes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I am Jane.  I am a work injured nurse who suffers chronic pain and reduced mobility.  I use sticks to get to my car but need a wheelchair to get any further.  
It does get me down but I try to keep upbeat, but find it difficult sometimes.  

Comments

• j4eyes
    j4eyes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I also have chronic illness too!  Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma, although is less problematic recently.  

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi @j4eyes welcome to scopes online community. I'm Tammy one of the volunteer community champions here on the site here to help in any way I can. I'm sorry to hear you have a chronic illness I do too and I know how difficult it can make every day life. Take a look around the online community and I hope you find the site helpful and friendly. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need to talk or have any questions.
    Take care 
    Tammy ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @j4eyes - Welcome to this very supportive community. I think many of us feel like you. I also fight a daily struggle with chronic pain which affects my mobility too. Having been a physio, I exercise daily & find that helps me to a certain extent. Often it's a combination of things that a person finds might help them battle pain.
    As Tammy says, please have a look around this forum & join in any discussions. Please also say if you have any queries, there's usually someone here that might just have the answer.
  • lisa1986
    lisa1986 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Hi j4eyes! I too suffer chronic illness I have copd and severe bipolar anxiety and seasonal effective disorder 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @j4eyes and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am sorry to hear of your health struggles.  I too walk with crutches and use them indoors, but have to use my wheelchair outside and have some pain also, so I can relate to how you feel that way.  Staying upbeat as you are doing is half the battle and you sound like a very determined person which is great.  We are all here to support you on the Community and we are a friendly bunch of people so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  There are many lovely people on here.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and meet some new friends too.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway and if there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @j4eyes. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lisa1986
    lisa1986 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Hi @j4eyes??? welcome and ur a true inspiration 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @j4eyes. :)
    Scope