Hi my name is kelly and I need help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is kelly and I need help please

Kelamondo1994
Kelamondo1994 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have bpd, anxiety, depression, ptsd and trates of body dysmorphic disorder. I live in Kent and my mental health professional support team ain't that great. I have really bad teeth and just thinking about how bad they are makes me go in to shock or have a panic attack. I am poor and not able to afford implants, is there any advice please on what I can do to get help, I'm struggling every day to fight the suicidle thoughts and the worse my teeth get the more I struggle. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you for reading. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited December 2019
    Hi @Kelamondo1994. I'm so sorry to read how much you're struggling. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find any suggestions for free cosmetic dentistry in the UK, besides financing options from private clinics. Have you spoken to your dentist about your concerns, have they been able to recommend anything for you?

Do your mental health team offer much support with your BDD? Have you had a look at Mind's pages on BDD and suicidal thoughts?
    If you're having suicidal thoughts, it's really important you speak to someone trained and able to help you with them. Have you thought about calling Samaritans on 116 123 or texting SHOUT to 85258?
    You might also seek support from organisations like the Richmond Fellowship or Rethink.

As a pan-disability charity, it's fair to say our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people than complex mental health, but if you'd be willing to get in contact with us on community@scope.org.uk we'd be more than happy to look for some support more local to you.

In the meantime, if these thoughts continue and you think you might be in immediate danger, please don't hesitate to call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness