Hi, my name is lottie2007! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lottie2007!

lottie2007
lottie2007 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
Hi I’m new to the group I have anxiety 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @lottie2007 :) let us know if you need any help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lottie2007 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. Do you have any support for your mental health?
  • lottie2007
    Hi I’m on medication but that about it. I had a accident at work a year ago today so haven’t worked since then I can’t go out on my own and my confidence has completely gone. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I'm sorry to read about your lack of support, & the accident you had. You could discuss how you feel with your GP; no-one should be left struggling with anxiety. There are also some charities you might find supportive -
    The Richmond Fellowship who can offer one to one support (if in your area; search with your postcode):  https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk/
    Do you mind me asking if you're on any benefits to help you?

• lottie2007
    Hi thank you I will look into the charity’s I’m only getting new employment support allowance £74 a week 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Hello @lottie2007      Pleased to meet you.

I am one of the team of community champions.

Also have mental health do a lot of advice, guidance support to the community.

Have a lot of experience , knowledge expertise.  On mental health disability.

Had my issues with addiction clean this year thirteen years advise on that as well.

If you ever have any problems with alcohol a common situation with anxiety.

I have qualifications nutritional and diet knowledge connected to mental health coping methods.

Offer compassion, empathy and sensitivity ready to listen please ask me anything.

Please if I can advise first speak to your GP always an important decision.

If as my friend @chiarieds given some links.  Please do contact them.  They offer a lot of support and advice on benefits do a review. Offer floating support, guidance well being, health issues look at everything. Housing welfare.

Please if I can add what they offer is education, knowledge to cope with your anxiety diets, nutritional, meds. 

Other important aspects of mental health care.

Some of the courses available through a recovery college , funded by NHS.

Run by Richmond fellowship and associated charities.

Worth looking at.

One is RETHINK. Useful for they do support you. Offer an advocate service. Represents you speak on behalf of you .

Doctors problems with.

Medication is it does help.

Please can I ask what are the meds your taking.

Some take a long time to kick in have a range of side effects.

The anxiety feeling you are experiencing the sense of dread, fears insecurities are a concern, need to be addressed.

Every one suffers from anxiety fear or flight symptoms the butterflies, the other symptoms of sweating, dry mouth, palputations.

At one time which can make a difference bit when it becomes serious a matter of concern, the symptoms persist.

Continue and then effects every day lifestyle.

Having panic attacks, nervous on edge means you lose the ability to think straight.

Appetites effected the mind controls then to the stomach.

Anxiety can effect you physical constant pressures of negativity effects, bowels, stomach and then add to that swirling around your mind. Lose concentration lack of interest.

To start to think about any measure to help you self.

First have a well balanced diet, fruit vegetables. Nuts, pulses, beans, all play a part in helping anxiety.

Lean meat Chicken Turkey. Eggs.

Pasta, Rice whole grains only.   Bread milky drinks microwaved a few seconds with honey added.

I do not know if you need any other dietary requirements, been a vegan or vegetarian happy to help.

One other use ingredients with probiotic health such as antibacterial these do manage the gut the big source of anxiety.

Many sufferers get bowel, flatulence and other associated disorders.

Yoghurt helps, so does certain foods Berries  and Cherries I buy frozen ones.  Vegetables, fruit help a lot.

Greek Yoghurt be fine or use any one with added culture, bacterial ones.

In a lot of ingredients listed contain tryptophan which in turns produces calming effects aids sleep, digestion.

I use certain herbs and spices hence my user name. Lots of research, courses.

Certain things to avoid.

Caffeine, in tea, coffee, cola and chocolate or cocoa.

Alcohol at all times.

When we feel anxious.  We reach for the tea or coffee or chocolate or worse the alcohol.

Think this will calm you down help you sleep.  No it does not makes it worse to sleep. Insomnia  common problems.

All caffeine is a stimulant more you consume worse you are.

Coping methods such as CBT do help those with anxiety.

Coping methods all available through mental health charities.

Please also add they will assess you give you a support plan, some aims goals you have to achieve.

Small steps.  Please one final point the staff are there to help you and be supportive but you must try to be open, honest and responsive.

Say no a lot might have to remove you. This because so many charities strapped for cash over burdened and have so many to see.

Also may have to wait sorry to tell you all this but the experiences I had are similar to what has happened to others.

In the mean time please contact me happy to listen be supportive, anytime.

Please if I can help further please get in touch.

Pleasure to meet you good luck on your journey.

You get there and be able to cope.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness