PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Does a new diagnosis mean a PIP change of circumstances?

suziesmithsuziesmith Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
I am already in receipt of pip for a bad hip and now been diagnosed with ted and Graves’ disease , do pip recognise this illness ,? If l was to tell them my circumstances have changed how long is it before they send for you for FTF thanks any help appreciated.

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suziesmith and a very warm welcome to the community! PIP is not about a diagnosis and is about how your life is impacted. Have your capabilities changed since gaining the diagnosis?

A change of circumstances would trigger a new assessment, unfortunately the time of this would depend on the backlog in your area. 
    Scope

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,328 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is a benefit awarded to help you with your daily living activities. It's not awarded on a diagnosis or illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking. You may benefit from see how your new health condition effects you in relation to the PIP descriptiors. 
  • suziesmithsuziesmith Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou l will have a look .
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Before reporting a change of circumstances you should always get some face to face advice because a new diagnosis or worsening or condition doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to a higher award and no one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risk to your current award.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.