Does a new diagnosis mean a PIP change of circumstances? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does a new diagnosis mean a PIP change of circumstances?

Options
suziesmith
suziesmith Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am already in receipt of pip for a bad hip and now been diagnosed with ted and Graves’ disease , do pip recognise this illness ,? If l was to tell them my circumstances have changed how long is it before they send for you for FTF thanks any help appreciated.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @suziesmith and a very warm welcome to the community! PIP is not about a diagnosis and is about how your life is impacted. Have your capabilities changed since gaining the diagnosis?

A change of circumstances would trigger a new assessment, unfortunately the time of this would depend on the backlog in your area. 
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is a benefit awarded to help you with your daily living activities. It's not awarded on a diagnosis or illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking. You may benefit from see how your new health condition effects you in relation to the PIP descriptiors. 
  • suziesmith
    suziesmith Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou l will have a look .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Before reporting a change of circumstances you should always get some face to face advice because a new diagnosis or worsening or condition doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to a higher award and no one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risk to your current award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.