Hi, my name is Domenica! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Domenica!

Options
Domenica
Domenica Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have a number of conditions that affect my quality of life and struggle with the guilt of no longer being able to provide financially for my family. My conditions are : Pudendal nerve damage to which I have a sacral nerve stimulator implant. CFS / Me, Fibromyalgia, Sphincture of ODDI dysfunction, chronic idiopathic angiodena, eptopic irregular heartbeat, migraine and MGUS. I had to give up a great career at the age of 42 and although I then qualified to be a social worker, I’m too poorly to work full time. Instead I run a football team, coach the children and find I can rest after the games to give me the strength for the following week. If I didn’t do this I’m sure I’d end up depressed. Still wish I could find a cure for all of this and maintain full time work. So frustrating. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi@Domenica - Welcome to this great community. I'm sorry to read about all your problems; many here will identify with some of them unfortunately. It's great that you're able to run a football team; it really helps when you can do something positive, & nothing better than helping children.
    Please do look around the forum; there are some links to your right which will show you other sections, & join in with the discussions.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Domenica. How long have you been running the team now?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness