Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
lfxm4
lfxm4 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I have been in receipt for pip for the last 3 yrs but had to have review  had the decision  today and they have reduced it I suffer with copd .angina depression  ect  could you give me some advice please many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Send relevant evidence to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Do be aware that  there is chance you could lose everything you already have when requesting the MR. Of course your award could also increase but most of the decisions remain the same. As there is a risk then i'd advise you to get face to face advice from an agency near you before requesting the MR.

As most MR decisions remain the same it's very likely you'll have to take it to Tribunal Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. The only downside is that waiting times are huge across most of the country and a lot of people are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date.

This link will help you find what's available local to you for face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @lfxm4! Is there anything else we can do to help? Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• lfxm4
    Options
    Hi thanks I have asked for one they said it will take up to 10 weeks for a decision  but the one I had last year isn't supposed to end till March 2020 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    lfxm4 said:
    Hi thanks I have asked for one they said it will take up to 10 weeks for a decision  but the one I had last year isn't supposed to end till March 2020 

Review take place 6 months before the award is due to end and any decision made on that review overrules the award you previously had. It would be the same if you had been awarded a higher rate, the decision would have overruled the current award and you would have been receiving the higher rate from the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lfxm4
    Options
    Thanks I have the enhance  rate for mobility it just the daily living they have reduced to standard rate 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You were very quick requesting the MR, did you request this over the phone? If you did then you should put the request in writing as i advised above. Requesting it over the phone they could tell you they never received the request.
  • Isha1234
    Isha1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi, about 2/3 years ago I had a terrible incident and split my head open, I had to get stitches and I suffered from terrible migraines I didn’t apply for pip or dla, but recently I had a very close bereavement and I have experienced numbness on the left side of my face as well as pins and needles ( the side where the injury is) my face goes cold when I get very stressed it’s only the left side and since this awful bereavement my eye sight has decreased as well as my memory sometimes I forget to do things such as picking up my siblings from school and even going to the loo, the thing is I’m only 18 and I’m terrified to go to the doctor incase it’s something serious, the migraines have gotten worse as I’m unable to go to uni some days 
    can someone please help 
    many thanks. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Isha1234 said:
    Hi, about 2/3 years ago I had a terrible incident and split my head open, I had to get stitches and I suffered from terrible migraines I didn’t apply for pip or dla, but recently I had a very close bereavement and I have experienced numbness on the left side of my face as well as pins and needles ( the side where the injury is) my face goes cold when I get very stressed it’s only the left side and since this awful bereavement my eye sight has decreased as well as my memory sometimes I forget to do things such as picking up my siblings from school and even going to the loo, the thing is I’m only 18 and I’m terrified to go to the doctor incase it’s something serious, the migraines have gotten worse as I’m unable to go to uni some days 
    can someone please help 
    many thanks. 

HI,

I'm sorry to hear all of that. I'm afraid we are not medical professionals here and we won't be able to give you any medical advice. You really should speak to your GP regarding all of your symptoms. Stress can cause all sorts of symptoms and hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.