Wca on wednesday — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wca on wednesday

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
I'm very anxious about it but I'm just generally anxious all the time anyway if that makes sense. I have the aq50 forms and paperwork from the autism diagnostic centre. I have last two letters from counsellors, one confirming I have depression and high anxiety, and the other discharging me as they think it's down to autism. (They did refer me to social Prescribing, who I havent yet heard from and dont like the sound of what they do anyway). Think that's all I can take as supporting evidence, apart from ID of course. Going alone as fell out with person who helped me with the form and was coming with me. Probably better as I'll only have one person to deal with, that's bad enough.  What can I expect on the day, and is there anything else I can take as support, and what do I say. I'm not very good at expressing myself.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Hopefully they will accept the evidence on the day because it would have been better to have sent it with the form when you returned it, it has been known for them not to accept it on the day.

The questions they ask you will depend on your conditions and how they affect you, you will need to verify what you wrote in the form as well as any additional information based on a typical day for you. They are assessing your ability to do any type of work, as it's about the work you can do rather than the work you can't do.

No one can tell you what you need to say because no one knows how your conditions affect you.

It's perfectly normal to feel anxious, for me the WCA is the one that makes me the most anxious, no idea why.

Once you've had the assessment wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to you, once you receive it take a look at the LCW and LCWRA recommendations in the back of the report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @poppy123456
    It's highly likely I'll be a nervous wreck on the day and if they start questioning I may not be able to continue for shaking and just not being able to get my words out.
    If they reject the paperwork I'm taking the diagnostic centre plus the counsellors info was on the form I sent back. Cant remember what was put on that form, person who once was coming with me did some of it.
    If they dont accept evidence I'm taking in writing my fear is I wont be able to tell them much. 
    If I dont like their decision can I appeal?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When answering those questions just take your time, there's no rush. Remember you'll be watched from the minute you arrive too. I'm assuming you didn't take a copy of the form before you returned it? It's always good to do this, especially if someone else helps you fill it in, this way you can have a read of it before the assessment takes place. Part of the assessment is to verify what you wrote on the form.

Yes, if the worst happens you can request the MR within 1 month of the date of the decision. Is this for ESA or Universal Credit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @poppy123456
    They watch you from when you arrive? CCTV is it. They will not be helping the situation on the day at all. No, no copy of the form, cant remember what I wrote but it was all true so no problem. Cant remember what other person wrote and not sure that I knew what she wrote. I disagreed with some of the stuff she put on my aq50 form. What I said is more important I suppose but dont always Express myself well. Better in writing then verbal though.
    This is  universal credit.
    Thanks Poppy
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Not sure about CCTV outside but they do watch you. aq50? i'm assuming you mean the UC50? All you can do is answer the questions as best you can. If you suffer from anxiety then do you have someone else that can go with you on the day?

Hopefully, everything will be fine and the decision will go in your favour but i do totally understand how anxious it makes us. Good luck.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @poppy123456
    She filled in this WCA form (some of it) and some of the aq50 autism diagnostic form. Known this person on and off since 2006 but not a friend as such. Just dont know anyone else. Second cousins in Preston, only met her twice so awkward to get info from someone that knows me. Impossible really. Am sort of preferring going on my own now as one less person to deal with.
    Are these the interviews that people record sometimes to prove what was said? Suppose good reason for having someone with you. I will have to appeal if they come back with a stupid decision I guess.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just a thought, but could you write something down before you go about how your conditions affect you, putting a note at the beginning saying just as you've said here that you find it easier saying in writing rather than talking. On the day you'd know you have that as a back up plan that you could show them, & that simple fact may mean you're a little less anxious. Did you do a diary over a few days for PIP? If so you could use that.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @chiarieds
    That's a good idea, I'll do that. Not sure that that may not be mentioned in the form I sent in anyway. Better communicating in writing then face to face. But to be safe I'll  write a note and take. They have the WCA form, the aq50 form plus other paperwork from the autism diagnostic centre, and two letters from the counsellors. Or they will have, I'm taking them with me. Enough info hopefully.
    I have the PIP forms, they arrived the other day. Going to do this WCA first and then look at them. Cant do too much all at the same time.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck for Wednesday Fran xx
  • Bettahm
    Options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Best of luck @Franstrahan. Just be as open and honest as possible and take your time replying, don't feel rushed. 
    Let us know how it goes.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope
    Thank you Adrian. I will let you know how I get along.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Can't wait to hear how you get on with the Therapy Horses too @Franstrahan! It's something we're considering for our daughters so would be good to hear your thoughts. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope
    I'll post how it went on Thursday when I get back. They've given me permission to take photos and post them here as well :)
  • Bettahm
    Options
    The big day. Feel sick and shaky. Not looking forward to this.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @Franstrahan. I really hope today goes okay. We're all thinking of you and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    Options
    Hope it wasn't too bad chuck xx
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @pollyanna1052
    It didnt happen Polly. There was an hour and a halfs waiting time and I couldn't go thru with that so asked them to cancel and rebook, which they are doing.
    So all to go thru again but think worked out for the best as I've been feeling ill over it.

• pollyanna1052
    Options
    Oh no! They kept you waiting so long and look what it`s caused..you.... to go all through the anxious lead up all over again.

You wonder how we cope sometimes. It`s like when they cancelled my f2f home visit TWICE......it`s enough to do your noddle in, innit!

xxxxx
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My PIP F2F was cancelled when I arrived as well, seems it not uncommon from reading posts on here!  Was given the option to phone for another appointment or fill in a cancellation 2 hours later on the same day.  I can't use phones so it wasn't really a choice lol!  It was close enough for me to return home & spend another hour or so in the bathroom before going back though.  Glad I did go back the same day instead of having to go through all the preparation again though.  Was so unwell by the time I got back there, dehydrated, fatigued, lethargic etc with stomach & bowel pains which continued for days afterwards as well...and was still awarded 0 points. :(  

I really don't envy you having to go through it all again but appreciate that was a better option than having to wait.  Good luck for the next one!

Brightness