Hi, my name is DaddyDoo! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DaddyDoo!

DaddyDoo
DaddyDoo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello.
I am a dad with two very special daughters. The reason I'm here is because my youngest daughter has a genetic thing and its starting to show. Ill mainly be needing advice on how and if a disability benefits can be claimed and stories from people whos been through the process. I will in turn share wherever I feel I can contribute . Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. I see that you posted a question on another part of the forum, which i answered here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/68048/16p11-2-microdeletion-in-a-child-under-6-what-proof-will-i-need-to-claim-dla#latest

We are a very friendly community so please take a look around :)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Daddydoo - Welcome to the community. Thank you for joining, & sharing about your family. I hope you enjoy being here & joining in other discussions, & it would be good to have your input too any time. :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @DaddyDoo    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.  We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please may I suggest with your daughters genetic condition.

Might be worth speaking to the relevant association or charity.

Often any disability or illness or condition has an linked association, charity or society.

Many have in house advisors on a range of services.

Including benefits and other information.

Have the following organisation.

Genetic Disorders UK

https://www.geneticdisordersuk.org.

Helpline 0800 987 8987

Please if I can help further please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us @DaddyDoo. Don't hesitate to shout if there's anything we can help with. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DaddyDoo and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Sorry to hear about your daughter's genetic condition, but you have done the right thing in reaching out to us as you will receive lots of support from the Community.  So please feel free to chat to us anytime as I'm sure there will always be someone to help, certainly to listen always.  I'm sure you will make a very valuable contribution to the forum also and I look forward to seeing you on here.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and find our Community be be of use and support to you.  If there is anything at all  we can help you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DaddyDoo

Welcome it’s great to meet you tonight.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with ????

@steve51

Brightness