Hi, my name is disciple! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is disciple!

disciple
disciple Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi my name is Steve. Been through hell and back but over it now and coping quite well. Looking forward to getting to know people. Have worked in mental health for the past 22 years. Hope to make friends. 

Steve 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @disciple - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. Pleased to read you're doing well, despite what you've been through. People here are very friendly, & you'll probably meet some others shortly. Please look around, & join in any of the many discussions here that may be of interest.
  • RedWhenHot
    RedWhenHot Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hey Steve,
    Sorry to hear that you've been going through it.
    Hope things are getting better and better.
    I'm new here, and this seems like a good place to air your concerns and maybe realise that we're not as alone as we thought.
    Strange isn't it, that as humans, we can share our problems/fears, and they can be reduced.
    Nice, but strange.
    Keep on going  :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @disciple :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • disciple
    Thank you not sure about all this 
  • disciple
    How do people cope with the loneliness I have phobias since two years thst were woken up by my childhood abuse so I’m afraid of travel to far this as cost me dearly relationship wise iget very lonely I was working up till two years ago now stuck in my local area afraid to travel help needed   
  • 77cp
    77cp Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    discaple
    I got isolated a while ago and contacted Age uk for a volunteer. I also contacted an organisation called Good Gym
    who send thier runner to you to be encouraged. I think you have to be older to qualify. Im sure you will make new friends here  and more suggestions. Good luck  
  • RedWhenHot
    RedWhenHot Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hi @disciple
    In my area, I'm finding something called 'crisis cafe', really good.
    They're in a few local areas, and between them all, there's always one open. 
    You can just go in, have a drink and chat to someone professional about what's worrying you. 
    Honestly, I don't know if this is country wide, but look it up, and I hope there's something like it near you. 
    Wishing you some strength, 
    Marley
  • disciple
    thanks thanks mate I give it a go  steve 
  • chiarieds
    Hi @disciple - Your GP may be able to help as there's a scheme called 'Social Prescribing' which they should know about for your local area. See: https://www.blurtitout.org/2019/10/03/social-prescribing/
    There's also Befriending networks: https://www.befriending.co.uk/
    I hope one of us has come up with an idea for you! Also may I ask if you're getting any help for your mental health?

• disciple
    I worked in mental health 22 years I really phobia is not a mental health issue I pay private fir cbt and I am able to go out the house  certian distance 20 mikes on good days two years ago I could go anywhere until one day I woke up in hospital  after being in a coma some of 5he things they did to m6 body woke up my childhood abuse it’s a very long stor6 and I’m not go8ng to pu5 it here so everyone can read I have had the best mone6 can buy 
  • chiarieds
    That's OK; no-one is asking you to say more about the childhood abuse you suffered; I am just so sorry to read this happened to you. It's good you have had help with this, & I am sorry if my query was insensitive, that was not my intent. Please forgive me.
    In this community we hope to help each other, and I hope some of the responses you have had from others may help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @disciple and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  How are you today?  I am sorry to hear of your struggles, but we are here to help and support you on the Community.  So please feel free to chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here who is willing to chat and listen.  Everyone is so friendly here and we all look out for one another so you are definitely amongst friends!  I look forward to seeing you on here and hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • disciple
    thank thank you I’m not sure it’s the right place for me 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear you are having doubts about our Community.  All I can say is that it can be a little daunting at first joining a new Community, but just take your time and look around the site for a bit.  You don't have to chat or contribute until you feel ready.  Everyone is really lovely and friendly on here and we all support each other through the good and bad.  We are all really respectful of each other on the forum and find we share a common ground of disability/health issues.  Everyone is a valued and important member of our Community as you are already.  I hope you decide to stay with us as it is a fantastic supportive and safe space and you will make some lovely new friends on here.  If there is anything at all we can help you with then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @disiciple

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

Yes you will be able to “share/care” without being “Judged” believe “Me” my friend.

Please come back to me if you need any further help/advice??

@steve51
  • EricaMcD
    EricaMcD Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Hi @disciple

It is good to meet you.

People in the community are very friendly and supportive.  I have been away from the community for awhile because I was away, out of the country, looking after my ill dad.  He is much better now but I realize what a difference the online community can be to people who would otherwise be isolated.

I look forward to chatting to you in the community.  Have a good weekend.

Brightness