Hi, my name is Tony (across2490) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tony (across2490)

Options
across2490
across2490 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone, I have joined the forum to see if I can make some friends that don't judge me and maybe help with my isolation I feel now. 
 I'm an ex soldier who is now disabled due to an injury to my spine  whilst serving I also suffer from PTSD 
I wont go into my issues at this point......I just wanted to say hi.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @across2490 thank you for sharing with us a bit about yourself. I've been struggling with PTSD for nearly 2 years. Its horrible! Let us know if we can help you with anything :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • across2490
    Options
    Hi Ami2301, thank you for the welcome!
    Yep it sure can be a struggle some days.
    Thanks.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @across2490 - I'm pleased to welcome you into this great community too. We're a friendly bunch & I'm sure you'll get to know some of us here.
    It may be something you've looked into, or perhaps something for the future, but there are some charities that support veterans, which may be helpful at some stage. See: https://www.combatstress.org.uk/    &
    Please do have a look around the forum & join in with any discussions; perhaps pop into our virtual 'Coffee lounge.' See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge
    Thank you for joining. :)

• across2490
    Options
    Thanks chiareids.
    Yes iam aware of combat stress and have had support from them.
    I will look into the other link......thankyou very much.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @across2490

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

There’s something in the press/tv news about how the ex military have been “Forgotten”

Yes I have had a B/I myself & I have worked in one of my former rehabilitation centre’s.

They had only started (In the early 2000’s) being treated for there “B/I’s”

Where had they all gone previously???

@steve51
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @across2490 welcome to the group. I'm new here too so thought I'd say hello. ?
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • across2490
    Options
    Thanks to you all.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @across2490 and a warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here. :)

Please do have a look around and let us know if we can do anything to help. :)
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @across2490 2490 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and I'm sure you will receive lots of support and friendship on here, as you will probably have found out already.  It is such a supportive and safe space to chat as there are lots of lovely people on here.  I'm sure also that you will make lots of friends on here too.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LouiseH and welcome to the Community also.  It is nice to meet you.  Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?  Please let us know if we can help you with anything.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness