Hi, my name is wheatleyus! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is wheatleyus!

wheatleyus
wheatleyus Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi Everyone.
I am new to the community. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @wheatleyus how has your weekend been? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wheatleyus - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. Is there anything we may be able to help you with? :)
  • wheatleyus
    Thanks. Feeling my way a bit. Just been made redundant, so job hunting whilst trying to priorities stuff with my son. Change of school...should I keep his nanny so much going on in my head
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wheatleyus

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

Have you managed to change your sons school????

Sorry to hear that you have been made redundant how is the job hunting going???

Are you still keeping the nanny???

Do you need to keep the nanny????

Sorry for all of the questions!!!!!

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wheatleyus , welcome to the Community, I am a new community champion and myself have been through redundancy and know how stressful it can be. Depending on your chosen career it may be useful registering with employment agencies as this is the main way employers now recruit. Hope you get everything sorted and good luck in your job search.

• wheatleyus
    Thanks for your msg. I made a start today, by submitting an application. So feel a sense of achievement
  • wheatleyus
    Will need to talk with my nanny regarding the options. My son is autistic with an EHCP, so it is not straightforward to change schools. I need to change mainly because of the location, and because he can't access the afterschool club, hence the need for a nanny. It caused a lot of problems before, when I didn't have a nanny...time off from work. Which ultimately I believe, led to the redundancy.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wheatleyus and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear of your redundancy and wish you well in your search for a new job.  That's great you have submitted an application.  It is a good feeling when you do this.  What kind of work are you looking for?  I hope you manage to get things sorted out with your son's nanny.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you and your son are getting on and if there is anything we can help you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wheatleyus and a warm welcome to the community. It certainly sounds like you have a lot going on. Please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• wheatleyus
    Thanks. Things are getting better. Getting some support from a parent adviser which helps alot. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @wheatleyus. I hope you're making some progress in this regard. Give us a shout if there's anything we can do. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness