pip f2f done — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip f2f done

Options
fks1971
fks1971 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
hello ..some feedbk for every1 on this forum who is due a f2f soon ..my assesor ws a vry young lady maybe in her early 30,s...she ws very thorough n literally went thru all the questions on the renewal form ..wanting to knw my reasons for writing dwn wat i hd ..ther ws a few exercises she wtd me 2do if i ws able to ..out of the 6 i barely done 2 ??...the whole proces took just ova an hr ..she went thru all my meds n my friend who carried my stuff for me showed her them all ..she didnt look at me much n spent a vry significant amount of time typing up as she went along..she gve nothing away ..this ws a capita assesor ...i cnt really say ther wer any trick questions ? now its the waiting game of approx 6/8 wks ..gna try to nt think about it as the lead upto the assesment hs made me vry unwell in myself ☹??..i just hpe she is honest in her report ...good luck to any1 out there currently awaiting an assesment...if u nd any help or advice please do ask !

Comments

• fks1971
    Options
    hello ..some feedbk for every1 on this forum who is due a f2f soon ..my assesor ws a vry young lady maybe in her early 30,s...she ws very thorough n literally went thru all the questions on the renewal form ..wanting to knw my reasons for writing dwn wat i hd ..ther ws a few exercises she wtd me 2do if i ws able to ..out of the 6 i barely done 2 ??...the whole proces took just ova an hr ..she went thru all my meds n my friend who carried my stuff for me showed her them all ..she didnt look at me much n spent a vry significant amount of time typing up as she went along..she gve nothing away ..this ws a capita assesor ...i cnt really say ther wer any trick questions ? now its the waiting game of approx 6/8 wks ..gna try to nt think about it as the lead upto the assesment hs made me vry unwell in myself ☹??..i just hpe she is honest in her report ...good luck to any1 out there currently awaiting an assesment...if u nd any help or advice please do ask !
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Options
    I would surmise that she would be typing out what her opinion is and what she is observing as opposed to the answers that you had given.
    So much emphasis is placed on the assessors opinion and certainly her observations. 
    In my assessment I was asked very few questions it was more like wanting me to agree with her opinion and thought process. She certainly did not take anything for granted on what I had put on the form or indeed what the independent evidence said. In one instance and despite making it clear on the form and attaching the hospital audio assessment that ended up with me being prescribed two hearing aids she came up behind me to check that I had the hearing aids in place!

You can but wait I'm afraid, to see what the result is.  
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ fks1971, hello and welcome, now you have had your assessment you can leave it a week then contact DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter which can take up to 8 weeks. 
  • fks1971
    Options
    thank u ! my initial pip award came thru in approx 10 wks ?? im just dreading it 2b honest ..she seemd all nice but hving read up on other users experiences im not holding my breath ??
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience @fks1971, it's really useful everyone to be able to read first hand accounts of assessments. Best of luck with the decision and I hope you're not waiting too long.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.