Need some help - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need some help

Comments

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Hi Ava....I do not know the amount of wrong info I was getting from various government bodies ( including  CAB , The carers Centre , the DWP, Local job centre offices , Dhss office ....and including wrong information from UC. )  I was kept right by Poppy123456 , her knowledge of the system put the UC offices to shame . The only time I got correct information from UC was when my wife spoke to head office  . Thanks to Poppy ( she helped me through my changeover from DLA to PIP , my assessment, my housing benefit and what I was entitled to ....she also told me what I was entitled to from UC ....and what my wife was due on her pension ( still waiting for that to get fixed out) all poppy,s advice was spot on .
    I hope you get on ok at your assessment ( I waited roughly 8 or 9 weeks from my assessment until word came through that I was awarded PIP Lcwra ) then awarded UC ( exactly as poppy advised)then housing benefit , Poppy is also correct in saying " try to forget about the assessment and decision until you get word " ....I know that's hard but my condition worsened during that waiting time . Trying to prejudge the outcome is a waste of time.
    Good luck Ava ....and please keep us notified on how you get on .?
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi 

Yes I will just wait until the 15th for my assement and hopefully it won’t take too long for the decision to come through.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    @Seanchai thank you very much for your kind words. It's was my pleasure to be able to advise you. Good luck with the bathroom when they start it and i hope they won't be too long completing it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Thanks poppy ( for all your help and good wishes) ...I await the 19th February ( with intrepidation) where they council have said the asbestos company will clear the asbestos and the wet room sub contractors are meant to start the same day (  5 to 7 days to fit the wet room ) . ??
  • avakarlsson
    Hi 
    On Saturday just gone I had my universal credit work health assessment, as it got changed from this weekend coming to Saturday just gone, so now I hope I don't have to wait too long for the letter in the post, when can I ask for the assessment report? so I can have a copy

Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Wait a week after the assessment and then request the report from UC.

The decision letter will be uploaded onto your journal and not received by post. There's no timescales for decisions, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

When you receive the report look for the LCW and LCWRA recommendations at the back. Post here if you need help to understand what it means.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • avakarlsson
    Thank you for the info Poppy, I will phone next Monday for the assessment report to be sent to me. That’s good it’s done on the journal and not waiting for the letter to come to see what they’ve awarded you. Hopefully I won’t have to wait long and I am guessing I will receive a text message from UC to say you’ve got a message in your account. For example if I got the LWCRA what does that mean and what do I do? 

Thank you  
  • poppy123456
    No problem. If decision is LCW then you won't receive any extra money each month and you'll be expect to prepare for work sometime in the future. Attending work focused interviews, is likely but that will depend on your claimant commitments.

If it's LCWRA then you'll receive an extra £336 per month from your next payment because this is the 4th month for you.

If it's fit for work then you'll be expected to look for work and what's expected of you will depend on your claimant commitments.

If you're not happy with the decision, as always you'll have 1 month to request the MR.
  • avakarlsson
    Yes course depends on what group I am put it, that’s good it comes through your journal, as with post it would take longer by doing it via your journal much easier, and hopefully quicker process. Yes if I am on the LWCRA group I would get my payment in March plus the extra £336 and that would be every month until the date is to renew it again. 
  • avakarlsson
    Can you get a copy of your decision letter in post too? As just incase my journal goes funny or anything I have got a back up.  
  • poppy123456
    They don't send out decision letters in the post, it's on your journal as previously advised.
  • avakarlsson
    I know it will be on my journal but it’s a shame they don’t send out a letter too. 
  • avakarlsson
    I will keep checking at my journal everyday, I know I will probably get a text message to say there’s a message in your journal.
  • avakarlsson
    Can I do anything else, or just wait for it to come through, hopefully it will be quick as it’s going through the journal.
  • poppy123456
    All you can do is wait. I know it's very stressful but like everything else, there's no timescales for decisions. Once the report has been received back from the health assessment providers then if DWP have your mobile number they will text you.

Sometimes it's sent the same day and other times it take longer to send it back. Backlogs are just part of the reason decisions can be delayed but you only had the assessment on Saturday so please try to relax, i know it's difficult but there's nothing more you can do.
  • avakarlsson
    Yes course depends on how busy they are, yes DWP have got my mobile number. Next Monday I will phone DWP and ask for the report to be sent to me so I know what the decision will likely be. 
  • avakarlsson
    Do you know what the likelihood I will get universal credit the payments and one of the groups? 
  • poppy123456
    That's a question the no one can answer. I do realise how anxious you are but there's nothing more you can do but wait.
  • avakarlsson
    Yes course I understand it’s just waiting for the decision/letter to come on my journal. 

If I do get the LWCRA do they tell my work I can’t work due to ill health reasons.
  • poppy123456

If I do get the LWCRA do they tell my work I can’t work due to ill health reasons.

No.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.