Anyone up for a free coffee to chat about obstacles faced when finding a job? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone up for a free coffee to chat about obstacles faced when finding a job?

dm68
dm68 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello! I'm an ally of people of determination and I'm working to increase the employment prospects of people with fluctuating conditions (conditions triggered by environmental/internal stressors). For this, I'm working with RIDI, an organisation that helps close the UK disability employment gap. Currently, we as RIDI representatives are looking to have a short, comfortable chat in a London café with people experience fluctuating conditions to better understand the challenges faced when entering the workforce. The coffee will be on us and you could go home with an Amazon voucher! Alternatively, we could also go on a Skype call if you prefer.

In case you're curious, fluctuating conditions include learning disabilities, diabetes, mental health conditions, autoimmune diseases, depression, anxiety, etc.

Step 1: complete the short survey using this link: https://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/DYAh0r . You could win a voucher!
Step 2: if you would like to participate in an interview for a free coffee, please do enter your email/other contact details in the survey itself. We will contact you soon after.

We look forward to meeting you and helping to make employment more accessible! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time and have a lovely day!

Comments

• michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    OK if you’re in London - as so often these things are.... What about the North East? I’ve Epilepsy and Depression which both fluctuate ?
  • dm68
    Thank you for your response! I'm glad you're interested. If you are situated in the North East, that's not a problem at all. Would a Skype/WhatsApp call suit you better? For easier communication, I would be very grateful if you could fill out the survey along with your contact and we can definitely arrange for a chat from the comfort of your home. Do let me know what you think! Thank you once again!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Scope

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Yes. Depending on where 
  • dm68
    Thank you for your response! I'm glad you're interested. We would be conducting our interviews at a café in central London. In case it is difficult to commute to central London, would a Skype/WhatsApp call suit you better? In this case, we can transfer you an e-voucher from Starbucks, if you are interested :) . For easier communication, I would be very grateful if you could fill out the survey along with your contact and we can definitely arrange for a chat from the comfort of your home. Do let me know what you think! Thank you once again! 
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Unfortunately I no longer live in London 
    Ill have a think 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Tried to fill out but it wouldn’t accept as I’m not at University.
          Debsidoo.
  • dm68
    debsidoo said:
    Tried to fill out but it wouldn’t accept as I’m not at University.
          Debsidoo.
    Hi Debsidoo! Thank you so much for your interest in the survey. I understand your situation. If you have attended university previously, please enter the course and the university you studied at. If you haven't attended university, please enter 'N/A' in response to any questions pertaining to university education. I hope this helps! Do let me know if you have any more questions! Have a lovely day! :) 
  • dm68
    Unfortunately I no longer live in London 
    Ill have a think 
    Hi! That's not a problem at all. As always, if you're comfortable, a WhatsApp/Skype call can always be arranged!

Thank you once again for your interest! Have a lovely day!  
  • dm68
    Hello!

I'm working with RIDI, an organisation that helps close the UK disability employment gap by researching how best to increase the employment prospects of people with fluctuating conditions (conditions triggered by environmental/internal stressors). Currently, we as RIDI representatives are looking to have a short, comfortable chat in a London café with people experience fluctuating conditions to better understand the challenges faced when entering the workforceThe coffee will be on us and you could go home with an Amazon voucher! Alternatively, we could also go on a Skype/WhatsApp call if you prefer.

In case you're curious, fluctuating conditions include learning disabilities, diabetes, mental health conditions, autoimmune diseases, depression, anxiety, etc.

Step 1: complete the short survey using this link: https://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/DYAh0r . You could win a voucher!
    Step 2: if you would like to participate in an interview for a free coffee, please do enter your email/other contact details in the survey itself. We will contact you soon after.

We look forward to meeting you and helping to make employment more accessible! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

• JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
  • dm68
    Hello!

I'm working with RIDI, an organisation that helps close the UK disability employment gap by researching how best to increase the employment prospects of people with fluctuating conditions (conditions triggered by environmental/internal stressors). Currently, we as RIDI representatives are looking to have a short, comfortable chat in a London café with people experience fluctuating conditions to better understand the challenges faced when entering the workforce. The coffee will be on us and you could go home with an Amazon voucher! Alternatively, we could also go on a Skype/WhatsApp call if you prefer.

In case you're curious, fluctuating conditions include learning disabilities, diabetes, mental health conditions, autoimmune diseases, depression, anxiety, etc.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.