Hi, my name is CeriD! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is CeriD!

CeriD
CeriD Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, I am looking to meet with more adult groups that have disabilities. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @CeriD Hello and welcome to the community, I am a community champion here at scope. This is a very friendly community and its always nice to have new members . I would suggest you google search to find groups in your area if that is what you are looking for. We don't actually meet up on here it is just online forum but you will make new friends and get support from us all here 
  • CeriD
    janer1967 said:
    @CeriD Hello and welcome to the community, I am a community champion here at scope. This is a very friendly community and its always nice to have new members . I would suggest you google search to find groups in your area if that is what you are looking for. We don't actually meet up on here it is just online forum but you will make new friends and get support from us all here 
    Thank you for your response.
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Hi @CeriD welcome to the group. There's a site called Meetup.com which has groups for a lot of things. It could be coffee mornings, book groups etc. Or Facebook, if you're on there and do a search for pages or events locally. Hope you find something you like :smiley:
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @CeriD. :)
    Scope

• CeriD
    Hi everyone thanks for your insightful and useful comments :smile:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CeriD - some information, particularly from Richard_Scope, who also has CP, was also given on your other post. Perhaps admin might merge the two. Please see: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/68943/meet-ups#latest

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CeriD and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you have found the above link to be helpful which @chiareds and @Richard_Scope posted.  Good luck with finding some groups to join anyway.  However, you will meet lots of new friends on here as we are a really friendly bunch of people.  I look forward to seeing you on here and hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • CeriD
    Hi @Ails I have found this group very useful so far.  i think its a natty way to chat to people in a safe environment :) 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to hear you have found this Community to be so helpful and yes, it is very true what you say about it being a natural way to chat to people in a safe environment.  It is a great place to meet new friends.  I have met many wonderful people on here since being a member.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on here.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness