Hi, my name is Timbo1965! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Timbo1965!

Timbo1965
Timbo1965 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hiya everyone 
Just signed up because I was reading the comments and was amazed at how many of you had been lied to on assessment forms.
I too was assessed by a physiotherapist who had wrote I showed no signs of anxiety or depression. Yet steps to wellbeing gave the assessment that I am actually  SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND SERIOUSLY ANXIOUS.
Had 4 heart attacks and asthma. 
Psoriatic arthritis and other " bits and bobs".
On my pip forms the woman wrote in her assessments exactly word for word on various issues so I got refused mobility rate.
They ha e gone 8 weeks past the due date to get their information to a tribunal so now it's a waiting game.
I have chosen not to attend the appeal as my anxiety and depression makes me unable or too nervous to talk and meet anyone.
Haven't been out my flat in 3 weeks.
Any information on what happens when you dont attend would be appreciated.
Sorry for going on x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Paper based appeal decisions only have between a 5-8% chance of success, compared with 75% if you appear in person. The panel will always prefer you to appear in person so that they can see and hear for their self exactly how your conditions affect you. If you are able to attend with a friend or family member then it will be in your best interests to do this. Sometimes they will ask you to attend in person, even if you've requested the paper decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Timbo1965
    Oh ok thank you for replying. Better chase them up and reconsider.
    Cant believe there's that much difference 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Timbo1965 Hello and welcome to the community, as Poppy has suggested I would recommend appearing in person. Would it be possible to get somebody to attend with you for support, you will still have to answer the questions. Or maybe try and find a representative to put your case forward. You will have pleanty of time to consider and arrange this as the waiting time for tribunals can be in excess of 12 months. Good luck hope you get the outcome you seek
  • Timbo1965
    Janet1967 
    Thank you for the reply I'll see what I can do as I dont have anyone now as the person who filled my forms in and attended assessments with me has passed away...my auntie.
    Rest of my family live up north. Thanks again 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Timbo1965 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I am very sorry to hear of your loss.  Do you have any friends or neighbours who could attend your assessment with you?  I hope you manage to get something sorted and you receive a positive outcome.  I wish you well with this and please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything we can do to support/help you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness