Hi, my name is ianwilce! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ianwilce!

ianwilce
ianwilce Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have been waiting for my pips to be sorted out for 23 weeks now I rang them last week and was told it might be the middle of march be I hear anything is this right that it takes 26 weeks or more for a decsion

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

There's no timescales for any decision. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

May i ask if you've had a face to face assessment yet? Most people have those, a paper based assessment is rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @ianwilce Hello and welcome to the community, nice you have joined us and pleased you have been given advice. Unfortunately as said waiting times are dependant on backlog and resources.Hopefully it wont be too much longer. What decision are you waiting for have you had your assessment yet, or waiting after sending in your application
  • ianwilce
    ianwilce Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi had my assessment on jan6 having been postponed from December they told me I would hearing about 4 weeks but when I rang del they told me 8/10weeks which would mean I have been waiting nearly 29 weks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully it won't be too much longer but there's no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ianwilce and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear about your wait for a PIP decision and hope it isn't too long now before you receive an answer.  Please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything at all we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness