Hi, my name is nathankd! Pip assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nathankd! Pip assesment

Options
nathankd
nathankd Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi can any help on the chamce of me having my claimed succesful after assesor has gave me zero and everything in their was fabricated i had to go to my mums the night before my assesment so i wouldnt forget mentiones thia but nothing was said also my concentration is really good when if u sit me in a room for an hour with nothing to do i will get ageited and how are they ment to see this i have adult adhd sevior on the spectrum and according to the assesor i have no problems whatsoever

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nathankd - Welcome to this supportive community. I'm sorry you didn't get any points following your PIP assessment. Many others who have joined have also had problems with their assessments.
    You can appeal about this. The first step is a Mandatory Reconsideration, & on your decision letter there will be details as to how to do this, & you have one month from the date of your decision letter in which to do so.
    Unfortunately it's very difficult to say whether you might be successful, as no-one here knows exactly how your disability affects your daily life. Don't mention anything that you felt was wrong with your assessment, as that won't help. Concentrate upon how your disability affects you. Unfortunately the success rate of Mandatory Reconsiderations is small, & most people therefore then need to go to a tribunal. Unfortunately these may not take place for a further year, or more.
    It may be an idea to get some local advice as soon as you can. Put your postcode into this link to see what's available near you: https://advicelocal.uk/

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @nathankd Hello and welcome to the community, I am sorry your claim wasn't successful as above we do hear of lots of similar cases. 

I suggest you get some advice if you are wanting to put in a MR to give you the best chance of a positive outcome but be prepared it isn't often the decision is changed and then this means tribunal

Good luck and let us know how you get on  
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nathankd and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm very sorry to hear about your unsuccessful claim and know this must be very disappointing for you.  I wish you well with your fresh claim and please let us know how you get on with it.  If there is any way we can help/support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • nathankd
    Options
    Well its clearly the case where the assesor gasnt gone about things right as my brother who has the same condition and all the same syptoms and needs less hekp than me has been givin standard rate so it clearly shows to me ir was my assesor who got it wrong
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    nathankd said:
    Well its clearly the case where the assesor gasnt gone about things right as my brother who has the same condition and all the same syptoms and needs less hekp than me has been givin standard rate so it clearly shows to me ir was my assesor who got it wrong

HI and welcome,

PIP isn't about the help you receive, it's about the help you need and you don't have to be receiving help to be eligible for PIP. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Evidence will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

If you've recently been refused PIP then you have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where you think you should  have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nathankd
    Options
    Yes but the conditions i have are the same with some of mine being higher on the spectrum so cant understand how it would be the case where he got acceptd and i never
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It may have been that you didn't explain fully how your conditions affect you. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. MR is the first step, with Tribunal after that if the MR decision remains the same.

I wouldn't advise you to start a new claim because doing this and using the same evidence you previously used could very likely see another refusal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness