Hi everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone

Options
jewels4
jewels4 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
New to this chat.  Parent to a lovely little girl age 4 who has recently been diagnosed with ASD... finding little support in my rural area... so thought would be good to reach out to a few networks for support, guidance and gain a bit more knowledge.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jewels4 - Welcome to this very supportive community, & thank you for joining. We have quite a lot of members that have children with ASD, as well as adults with this.
    There's a section here on Scope about Autism & Aspergers which you may find helpful. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism
    There's also the National Autistic Society: https://www.autism.org.uk/    which you may very well have come across.
    Anyway, please do look around Scope, & join in any discussions you may find relevant.
    Last, but not least, please do post here any time; you will always be most welcome. :)

• jewels4
    Options
    Thanks  @chiarieds will have a look at the first link as haven’t heard of this one.  
  • KellyCornwall
    KellyCornwall Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    welcome to the group. I also found this group today and also have a (now 9 years old) daughter who was diagnosed a few years back with ASD and ADHD. Happy to answer any questions or chat anytime you like. I am quite rural myself but we are moving house in April to be closer to civilisation (although still not much support there). 
  • jewels4
    Options
    hi @KellyCornwall. Thanks for that... we are in a town just not good for services unless we are willing to travel for 45min to an hour..which is such a shame..I may be in touch with some questions..
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @jewels4. :smile: 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jewels4 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I see you have been given great advice and support above by members.  I don't have much to add, just wanted to welcome you.  You will find the forum to be a really supportive and friendly space with lots of lovely people on it.  I hope you find the Community to be helpful and you get the support you need for your little girl.  I look forward to seeing you on here and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can do to help/support you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness