Hi, my name is struggles! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is struggles!

struggles
struggles Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I wondered if you could advise me please.  I'm having great difficulty in finding someone who could help me fill in some forms for disability benefits. People keep telling me to contact the cab but after weeks of trying I've given up all hope. Thanking you. Susan Skinner .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm assuming when you say disability benefit then you're talking about PIP for yourself or possibly DLA for a child?
    Try this link and put your postcode in to see what's local to you for some help.

Appointment waiting times are often very long. If it's PIP/DLA then you can request a further 14 days to return the form. If you still can't find some help then i'd advise filling it out yourself. You don't need to use any specific wording, just fill it out with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @struggles Hello and welcome to the community, nice to see new members. I am sorry you are having trouble with help filling in your forms and hopefully the advice given to you will help. Good luck and I hope you get a successful outcome. Keep us up to date with your progress
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    @struggles - I just wanted to add my 'Hi,' as I see you've already received great advice from Poppy above. If the community can support you in any other way, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Hello @struggles    Pleased to meet you thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions, please can I suggest if you have a disability or a mental illness .

Charities will fill in  the form for you and help. Depends what is the condition, illness or disability is or is this for a family member.

Please ask me if I can help here. Just have a list of organisations might be useful.. 

Please contact me if you wish to saying  the illness or condition you have or disability, hope that gives some reassurance.

Please I hope the support you have been received has been useful from my friends in the Community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @struggles and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you manage to find some help with filling in your forms and please let us know how you get on with them.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness