How worried are you about the Coronavirus? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How worried are you about the Coronavirus?

2»

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Not at all
    And the panic gets worse meaning really ill people cannot get help.

I tried calling the 111 service today and couldn't get through. They state that for most people it will be no worse than a heavy cold at worst and yet the delay, despite them asking people to go online first, has risen from 1-3 minutes to 30 minutes. The problem is that too many unintelligent people, selfish people, would rather believe the panic rumors than medical evidence.

As for small businesses suffering.... only those in the worst of situations are at risk and most will find a way even if it means dropping staff for a little while. However, people overspend so much now that I guess that even a short time with no income will cause problems. There is something to be said for living within your means and not believing the constant loan advertising that now goes on. People have no patience.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    it is going to get worse.
    70+ folk will stay home.
    I hope the food delivery people have enough staff etc to cope.

This is now not panic but serious

Keep safe everyone xx
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Mildly
    It’s indeed looking like it’s going to get much worse before it gets better.

Stay safe everyone and make sure you have enough toilet rolls.
  • kevin52
    kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Not at all
    A Person Is Found DEAD Every 19 Hours On The Street In The UK , Not A Mention Of them :(  .
    The Humans Nobody Cares About , The Danger With Covid 19 Is It Is Going To Cause A Meltdown
    Of The Human Race , Everythings Closing , Next It Will Be Total Lockdown .
    BBC And All The Others Have The Public So Scared It Will Lead To Riots Over Food ! Pubs Will Close ,
    Shops Will Close , Public Transport Will Close , No Air Travel , No Ships Will Sale , But The Rich Will Be Just Fine .
  • JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Very
    If you're not a little bit worried I don't think you've done enough research:
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

The above links to daily situation reports from around the world to the WHO. 

Let's be fair to the non-worriers - sure 80% of those that get it will be mildly inconvenienced for 2 weeks. It's reported by survivors to be immensely painful but they got through alright.

It's other 20% (of the whole world....) that the 80% needs to be extra vigilant for.

Saying "I don't care, I'll get and get better" is like saying "I don't care about that 20%, that's not my problem".
    It's literally spread by touch. Not being careful means spreading it around. Others might not be so lucky as you if you're confident you'd recover alright.
    Be careful how you phrase your concerns or lack thereof. Many people are suffering.

Stay safe all and best of luck!
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Very
    @JenCo thank you for this post. Being one of the 20% with compromised immunity this is a very worrying time. I don't think people are aware that this is life-threatening for some of us. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Quite
    66Mustang said:
    ...and make sure you have enough toilet rolls.
    Good luck finding any!  I wrongly assumed shops would have been restocked by now and the general public would have relaxed the panic buying, how wrong I was!  

Tesco was ridiculously busy this morning (I go specifically when it's usually quiet!) and there was absolutely no toilet roll, not even that wafer thin single ply rubbish!!  No antibacterial handwash at all either, and only a few non-antibac handwash.  Almost no frozen veg, very little tea and tissues, and several frozen 'ready meals' (pizzas etc) down to the last one or two.  This is a massive Tesco Extra store that's usually well stocked, honestly never seen anything like it!  

My worry level has now reached 'very'!!  :o
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Mildly
    I think the problem is lots of people are now panic buying because a few people started doing so. Only the first wave of panic buyers was due to the corona virus, the rest is simply due to other people panic buying. It is like a domino effect. People are referring to panic buyers as “idiots” but it really is only the first few who started it off, those who follow do it because they see the shelves being emptied by others.

Maybe they will have to bring back some form of rationing as the public is clearly incapable of just buying what it needs?

I might make another poll a week or so after this first one to see how people’s attitudes change compared to this one.
  • JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Very
    Cressida said:
    @JenCo thank you for this post. Being one of the 20% with compromised immunity this is a very worrying time. I don't think people are aware that this is life-threatening for some of us. 
    Scary times indeed. I'm working from home until further notice and I just found out today a colleague is self-isolating as he has symptoms. How is he passing the time? Reading? Relaxing? Watching TV? No.... the absolute idiot went to the gym! How flipping stupid and inconsiderate can you be!?
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness