Hi, my name is jessielou3378! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jessielou3378!

jessielou3378
jessielou3378 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello everyone 

Comments

• jessielou3378
    I’ve had fibromyalgia for over 10 years and each year I’m getting worse. I work as a care worker and do day and 16 night shifts , I don’t get paid for being ill so depending on what it is I’ll work , but I so Ill and tired and I’m really really at the bottom of life at the moment I really don’t know what to do. I’ve been looking for full time none physical work as I need more money and need less physical work but I’m having no luck . I’m craving peace so much that right now I just want to go sleep and not wake up . I’m 42 and 4 years in on my menopause, I have arthritis in my spine and legs and I’m constantly in pain . I do want to work but I feel like I’m on the crisp heap and no one can help me . If anyone has any advice please please help 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @jessielou3378. I’m Emma, one of the Scope Online Community Champions. I’m so sorry to hear of your difficulties I’m going to tag @Adrian_Scope to see if he can give you some advice and support. Know that you aren’t alone and we’re all here should you need us.

• jessielou3378
  • emmarenshaw
    @jessielou3378  No worries. Perhaps you could speak to your doctor about your pain or how you are feeling at the moment? Or if you’d rather talk to someone from Scope Scope’s helpline number is: 0808 800 3333  or email: helpline@scope.org.uk

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jessielou3378 _ Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm very sorry to read about your struggles & the difficulties you're facing. scope may very well be able to help as they support disabled people trying to work. There's some information here on this website.

I hope that may be useful too. As Emma says, it's also an idea to discuss things with your GP to help you manage your pain.
    Please let us know how you get on, & chat here any time. :)
  • jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Hello, welcome. Like you, I’m new, but I feel at home already. X
  • jessielou3378
    I know the doctors will sign me off but I can’t afford that , as a carer I don’t get paid for being ill . I just keep going around in circles 
  • emmarenshaw
    @jessielou3378 It must be so tough for you, please  let me know  how you’re getting on and if I can be of any more assistance. We’re all here if you need us. The community is a lovely bunch and we’re glad to have you with us.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @jessielou3378 and welcome to the community.
    It sounds like you're really struggling with work at the moment, but hopefully the links you've been given above will be helpful.
    If you're having a rough time with your mental health, it's really important you speak to someone qualified and able to help you. Have you spoken to Samaritans before? You can give them a call on 116 123 or email them if you prefer at jo@samaritans.org

In regards to finding more suitable work, we offer a range of free employment services to help disabled people find employment that works for them. Obviously with everything that's going on at the moment, I imagine it's going to be tougher to find jobs, but you can have a look at what we have to offer on our employment services page.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness