How long to obtain a Wheelchair Voucher — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to obtain a Wheelchair Voucher

Options
campaigntim
campaigntim Community member Posts: 10 Connected

How long to obtain a Wheelchair Voucher 0 votes

How long has it taken you on first application to get a wheelchair voucher from wheelchair service
0% 0 votes
How long has it taken you on Renewal application to get a wheelchair voucher from wheelchair service
0% 0 votes
How much as the voucher
0% 0 votes
How easy scale 1-10
0% 0 votes
Did you feel respected?
0% 0 votes
Were your requirements met?
0% 0 votes
Did you get an adequate wheelchair for your needs 1-10
0% 0 votes
Was the full cost of the wheelchair met by voucher?
0% 0 votes
How long to get wheelchair
0% 0 votes
How much extra did you end up paying,if at all?
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @campaigntim, are you looking for answers for research? Or are you wanting information about the scheme?
    Scope

• campaigntim
    Options
    Research to get solid evidence to present to Government to make sure it pays out on time to the right people in the right way as laid down by UK Parliament
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    No problem @campaigntim! I Have moved your post to the research section of the forum. :)
    Scope

• campaigntim
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Please attach this Survey for Wheelchair Voucher which may work better

Please find below a weblink for the Surveymonkey:

Please feel free to test it and see all the questions

In answer to your questions

1) I am looking to find out how well the Wheelchair Voucher scheme is working in practice from all applicable wheelchair users because I believe the scheme is not working as well as as it could. My personal experience is of delay and my understanding from wheelchair dealers is that they are not getting paid in a reasonable period of time. I will publish the results in June for all to see including Government to help with their understanding with how the scheme is working in practice.

3) I would prefer to keep my email address anonymous if possible Chloe please contact me directly

• campaigntim
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I would like to speak with you 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @campaigntim, I have just sent you an email.
    Scope

• littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    I have never been offered a wheelchair voucher. I have on 2 occassions been assessed for a wheelchair. The first time I got a better chair through access to work so took that. This time assessed end of 2019 I am still waiting for a new wheelchair. I have had 2 delivered to my home but wheelchair engineer said they were not suitable when they came. I am aware of wheelchair vouchers but have been informed  not by wheelchair services but by someone else that my local wheelchair services have not decided how the vouchers will work with powerchairs so will not provide the voucher or money equivelant. 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.