Hi, my name is Gedge! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gedge!

Gedge
Gedge Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2020 in Start here and say hello!
I have Ms and also diabetic type 2 should I stay completely isolated I have my family and they are doing things to help but I am still worried thanks for adding me

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm afraid we are not medical professionals and we will not be able to advise you regarding this.

GP's are in the process of sending out 1.5 million letters to the most vulnerable people advising them to self isolate for 12 weeks. If you are in this group then you will receive a letter within the next couple of days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Gedge As @poppy123456 has said, if you are considered to be someone who is more at risk due to your health conditions, then you should receive a letter. I received mine today. :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

HI @Gedge.

Welcome to the community. It is good to get as much support as you can and family is so important. It is a hard time at the moment and we are here to help you as well.  It is good to stay positive you may find Coronavirus and your wellbeing useful. Keep safe

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gedge - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining us all. Hopefully you'll hear soon from the NHS if you're considered to be in the 'high risk' category as mentioned above.
    We're all worried, but we will get through this together; this is what this community's about. So, please do post on the forum any time.

Brightness