Hi, my name is DavidGS358! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DavidGS358!

Options
DavidGS358
DavidGS358 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Greetings everyone glad to join you

Comments

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @DavidGS358

Welcome to our community forum!

Please have a look around our discussion groups, You will find a helpful and friendly active group of people on here covering a variety of disability areas. We also have a coffee lounge for talking about interests and general chat which is also very active.

In the meantime if you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to talking with you more.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DavidGS358 - Welcome to the community from me too. Pleased to have you here with us all. How are you doing? :)
  • DavidGS358
    Options
     I’m fine and catching up on my reading also I have an end of term essay to finish by the end of April 
    Apart from the usual aches and pains I’m isolating myself due to the illness I’ve got lurking in the background 
  • M_Anthony
    Options
    We hope you are managing okay, the lockdown is certainly making things more challenging! What are you studying?
  • DavidGS358
    Options
    I worked as a chemistry lab technician in higher education for 42 but I was interested in arts by way of a change so I’m studying theology 
  • M_Anthony
    Options
    Sounds great, I am currently studying as well, my background is computing, however I am looking to work in the charity sector in administration. I am doing a HR Diploma online.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @DavidGS358 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • DavidGS358
    Options
    My classes are just one a week each but it keeps me mentally active 
  • DavidGS358
    Options
    But it does reinforce my belief in the lasting link between faith and science 
  • M_Anthony
    Options
    Sure, while some people may assume that science and religion are simply incompatible, when you look into it, they do have common ground. Theology is an interesting subject, would you be looking to becoming a priest at some point?
  • DavidGS358
    Options
    At 69 I think it's a bit late to become a priest but I would consider becoming a lay reader 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @DavidGS358. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DavidGS358 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Good luck with your theology course.  It sounds fascinating.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and find the forum helpful.  I look forward to seeing you on here too.  If there is anything we can help or support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness