Does PIP affect housing benefit? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does PIP affect housing benefit?

trish21
trish21 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I receive pips and get housing benefit..I have just been informed of an increase in the pips amount from this month..does this affect the amount of housing benefit I receive and will I need to inform housing of this increase?

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 264 Pioneering

Hi @trish21 -  its great to have you here in our community. We hope you find some like-minded people here and some reassurance and advice that helps with your particular issue.

You could post this question on Pip/DLA board where you will find @Joanne_Scope or other members who might be able to help you. Again, welcome. :smile:

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi @trish21welcome to the scope online community. I am one of the volunteer community champions here on the site, I hope you find it helpful and @Abdi_Scope, myself and the other champions are happy to help if you have any questions.
    I hope you are safe and well as you can be taking the current circumstances we are all in at the moment (covid19)
    Take care. 
    Tammy ❤️
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi  @Trish21

I don't know if you have had this answered on the PIP board but I am happy to give you an answer.

PIP is not counted as income for Housing Benefit purposes so you do not need to tell them if the increase is just the usual April increase.

Hope that helps,

Joanne :)

Joanne 
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @trish21 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm pleased to see you've had your query answered. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. :)
  • ja_bu
    ja_bu Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    hi there what if the total between a couple rises over 6000 pounds when one is with p.i.p. and contributions esa 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,032 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    ja_bu said:
    hi there what if the total between a couple rises over 6000 pounds when one is with p.i.p. and contributions esa 
    Neither of those benefits are means tested so it makes no difference. 

This is an old thread from 3 years ago that you’ve posted on and is related to housing benefit. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.