PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Does PIP affect housing benefit?

trish21trish21 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I receive pips and get housing benefit..I have just been informed of an increase in the pips amount from this month..does this affect the amount of housing benefit I receive and will I need to inform housing of this increase?

Replies

• Abdi_ScopeAbdi_Scope Scope Posts: 234 Pioneering

Hi @trish21 -  its great to have you here in our community. We hope you find some like-minded people here and some reassurance and advice that helps with your particular issue.

You could post this question on Pip/DLA board where you will find @Joanne_Scope or other members who might be able to help you. Again, welcome. :smile:

• Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Hi @trish21welcome to the scope online community. I am one of the volunteer community champions here on the site, I hope you find it helpful and @Abdi_Scope, myself and the other champions are happy to help if you have any questions.
    I hope you are safe and well as you can be taking the current circumstances we are all in at the moment (covid19)
    Take care. 
    Tammy ❤️
  • Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hi  @Trish21

I don't know if you have had this answered on the PIP board but I am happy to give you an answer.

PIP is not counted as income for Housing Benefit purposes so you do not need to tell them if the increase is just the usual April increase.

Hope that helps,

Joanne :)

Joanne 
    Scope
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @trish21 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm pleased to see you've had your query answered. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. :)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,987 Disability Gamechanger
    For the sake of clarity...

Are you talking about the annual updating of benefits or have you been awarded a higher amount of PIP following some kind of change or challenge to an earlier decision?

If it’s an uprating change then there’s nothing to be done. If it’s a change of rate then yes you need to notify but the outcome would only be positive in terms of potentially more HB of other premiums were triggered. 

Sign in or join us to comment.