Hi, my name is macian65! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is macian65!

macian65
macian65 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi everyone.. I would just like to wish everybody good luck and please stay safe during this strange time. I haven't been out for quite some time now and back on April 18th I had to have surgery for a reacurring hernia but it became major surgery after they couldn't find the hernia so they had to do a lot of digging around inside. After the surgery I had a few more days in hospital when they had to start clearing the wards for cv19 patients. I was then meant to be transferred to a much smaller local hospital as I wasn't well enough to go home. 
Unfortunately I was picked up by a ambulance and they took me straight home and not to the other hospital. My brother spoke to a organisation called Common Access Point to ask what had happened and did I need to go back into hospital and any advice I may need as I wasnt given any aftercare plans or information. I was just dropped home where I live on my own to get on with it even though I couldnt walk without using a frame but in severe pain. I couldnt do anything for instance cooking bathing washing etc.. 
I can only say a big thankyou to the Common Access Point Team for there involvement in getting medical professionals to visit me at home. There were mistakes made and i understand the need for speed with emptying certain wards for cc 19 patients but they also had a duty of care and this should not have happened. 
I am very grateful and full of praise for the NHS staff that took care of me whilst in hospital they are heroes. I just think whoever was dealing with transfers and discharges needed to be a bit more alert to their decisions. 
I'm at home slowly recovering now but still in a lot of pain. I'd like to thank all the NHS people who took care of me during my stay in hospital. 
Regards
IM.

Comments

• Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community Macian,  

You have certainly been given the run around,   But, at least you are home now.  I'm sorry to hear that your still in a lot pain though and hope this will get better soon!   The NHS staff are really the best.  |

Take care - Denise11
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @macian65 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  How are you doing now?  I'm really sorry to hear of your ordeal when you got home, but glad to hear that Common Access Point were able to step in and give you some support.  I hope things are going well for you now and it won't be long before you make a full recovery.  So glad to hear you got the best care in hospital too.  NHS staff are great!

Thank you for your good wishes and I hope you are coping through these difficult times.  We all support each other on the Community and this is especially so at this time so you will find lots of lovely people on here who are very supportive and friendly.  I'm sure you will make some new friends on here too.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions you find interesting.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  You will always find someone on here to chat to.

If we can be of any help or support to you then please just let us know.  Stay safe and all the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

Hello @macian65 welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your experience. 

Sorry you had a difficult time but it feels safest place to be right now is at home. Hope you seeing a little. Improvement each day.

Your praise for the NHS will be echoed 100fold.

Please keep us updated on your progress. Get better soon

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @macian65 - Welcome to this great community. I'm sorry to read of the difficulties you've faced, & that you're still in pain. Thank you for your good wishes tho, & your praise for those that work in the NHS, which we are all appreciating even more now. I hope you continue to make a steady recovery, & that the pain soon subsides.
    As the others have said, please do let us know how you get on, thank you. Take very good care of yourself. :)
  • macian65
    Hi and thankyou to everyone who sent me their good wishes what lovely kind people you all are. Still suffering but hoping itll get easier soon.. I feel better just knowing there's a lot of caring people on here.
    Thankyou everyone stay well stay safe I'll  let you know of my progress bye for now.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Hello @macian65   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing a most difficult time for you.

Please if I can wish a speedy recovery if I can help with any with thing to ease any of the pain or need a chat.

I also can offer nutritional and diet advice, guidance to help you be stronger and be on the way to convalesce.

Please have a look around the website plenty of my recipes to heal take it easy.

Please take care and safe, much appreciated thank you much to all the  NHS staff.

I am the same feel all of them deserve our love and respect.

@thespiceman  
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear about the mix up, I just hope you are starting to feel a little better.
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @macian65. How are you today? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • macian65
    Hi Adrian.. Im suffering severe pain and discomfort unfortunately I've spoken to gp but just prescribed even higher dose of morphine. I feel so helpless at moment I cant sit up for long nor lay down for long as it's very painful. I cant even sleep in my bed because when I moved the people who moved me just rammed everything in my bedroom now I dont have room to have my bed built up. I feel so down nothings going right I have to sleep on sofa after major surgery and spondylitis of my spine I'm in agony.. I dont know where to turn or who to ask for help to get my bedroom sorted out. It's been like it since last September 2019. 
  • macian65
    Can I ask if anyone knows of anybody who would be able to move my boxes and build my bed up I'm willing to pay for service. Please please help i cant go on much longer living on.my sofa while suffering immense pain. 
    Thankyou.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Hello @macian65   Thank you for contacting the community.

Sorry to tell you as it stand  no one is allowed to visit homes.

With the COVID Restrictions due to you catching the virus.

Please you could if you wish to ask the following advice as they help in any crisis.

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk

https://www.redcross.org.uk.

I would ask them but do think might not be able to visit you due to the virus.

I would with any pain consult  your GP.  Please I know you have but is there to be advising you.

Understand about issues and problems.

https://www.nhs.uk

Another link lots of advice on pain on the NHS website.

Please if I can help further please ask me.

Happy to help.

One further bit of advice look on line for beds to suit your back. Orthopaedic beds mattresses.

With the current crisis no one allow to visit deliver inside sorry to say.

You could get airbeds and apply to AMAZON

https://www.amazon.co.uk

Could be a solution as it soft kind and easy on backs.  Add it to your sofa or use adaptable airbed in your bedroom.

Can purchase beds seen these, that inflate and are used a guest bed.  Great for backs as soft and comfortable to backs.

Inflate them then mornings deflate be on line information. Can add sheets pillows and no need mattress.

Hope that helps.

Please take care and keep safe.

@thespiceman  

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    What an awful situation @macian65. Unfortunately with social distancing rules in place, I think you might struggle to find a service able to help you at the moment.

It might be worth calling our helpline though as they might be able to offer some local solutions. You can call them on 0808 800 3333 (Mon-Fri 8 am to 8pm and Sat-Sun 10am to 6pm).
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • macian65
    Thanks Adrian, I know I couldn't have had this done at a worse time. As soon as the rules are relaxed on social distancing I will call these numbers to see if there's some help out there.. I appreciate your comments and everyone else who have got in touch. Thankyou everyone.. 
    Ian. M. 

Brightness