Hi, my name is DavidGS1950! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DavidGS1950!

DavidGS1950
DavidGS1950 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Greetings everyone my name is David  I'm 67 and I have been registered as disabled since 2005 what I have is a combination of vertigo, atrial fibrulation , tinnitus, Guillan barre syndrome and constant back pain since 1972 all things I will die with rather than of but also my late wife was disabled from 2000 until she died in 2007 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DavidGS1950, welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find the community to be a friendly and supportive platform. If there's anything we can assist you with at the moment, just let us know.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @DavidGS1950 and a very warm welcome to you. Good to have you with us. Had to look up Guillan Barre syndrome :smile:, which I have not come across before.
    Might be worth having a look at our 'Undiagnosed and rare conditions' thread, in case there are conversations there that might be of interest to you? Or you might care to start one yourself?
    We'd be glad to hear of any ways in which you think we might be able to offer you support, so please don't hesitate to tell us anything further about yourself or to ask us any questions.
    Here and listening,
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad

• DavidGS1950
    I know I will be 70 in July but what I would like to find is a  driving school in Bristol that is familiar with needs of someone with mobility problems 
    I do have a mobility car and my carer is my nominated driver but it would be nice to be able to drive myself occasionally 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DavidGS1950 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  How are you today?  That's great to hear you would like to learn to drive yourself as this will give you a lot of independence.  I had a wee look and local to you I found this driving school who can teach disabled people to drive, if you would like to have a look - 

https://sallys.biz/

Good luck with learning to drive anyway, as that is wonderful and please let us know how you get on.  If we can be of any help/support to you at all then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • DavidGS1950
    Thank you for the information 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome, @DavidGS1950.  Good luck!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness