Hi, my name is loulabelle13! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is loulabelle13!

loulabelle13
loulabelle13 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am new to this forum . I am feeling really low

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @loulabelle13 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear you are feeling low.  It is a very difficult time just now for everyone, but we are here for you and you are amongst friends.  We all support each other on here so you can chat to us anytime about anything.  Is there anything specific we can help/support you with?  I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and find it helpful.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @loulabell13 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry you're not feeling so good at the moment, as that's a difficult thing to cope with. I hope you find being a part of this very friendly & supportive community may be helpful.
    There's some info here on Scope which I also hope you might find useful, especially during this Coronavirus outbreak. See: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/mental-health-and-coronavirus/?_ga=2.6422512.313936214.1586112800-305128390.1586112800
    As Ails says, please do let us know if there's anything that we can help & support you with.
    Please have a look around; you might enjoy our our 'Coffee lounge', (see the link to the right on this page), & do chat here any time. :)

• loulabelle13
    It’s just I’ve been dumped and I thought he was my friend 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @loulabelle14 - That's a hurtful experience, which I've been through in the past, & come out the other side. As my great aunt used to (irritatingly) say, 'there are plenty more fish in the sea'. Doesn't help at the time, but it's true.
    Try & distract yourself, pamper & look after yourself, look around our community, or have a small rant here. :)
  • Ails
    Hi @loulabelle13, I'm really sorry to hear this and can appreciate you will be feeling very hurt just now.  Things will get better in time, although it may not feel like it just now.  As @chiareds says, try to do something which you enjoy to take your mind off things.  We are all here for you so please chat to us anytime.  All the best.  :smile:
  • loulabelle13
    I would rather have him as a friend than nothing at all. He has blocked me on social media and I don’t think he even cares about me. I’m just hoping it’s because of the current situation in lockdown because of the coronavirus. I’ve sent him a courteous text asking how he is as we need to know how people are, and he text back saying ‘don’t call or text me no more’ so I’m just going to leave it for a week or and then go back to it.
  • Ails
    Hi @loulabelle13, how are you today?  I'm sorry to hear that your friend has treated you this way.  Maybe it is better just to respect his wishes and leave him alone for now.  Try to concentrate on something nice to do for now like watching a good movie, reading a nice book or enjoy the nice sunshine we are having.  Doing something else will make you feel better and take your mind off things.  We are here to chat to you anytime and don't forget that we have some really good discussions taking place just now which you may find interesting so please feel free to join in them too.  Some time on here chatting to new friends can make the world of a difference!  Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  All the best.  :smile:
  • littlechef
    littlechef Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    I am new to this forum . I am feeling really low
    @loulabelle13

Join the team I'm new to this site so still learning how to do things lol so you are not alone my friend. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm sorry @loulabelle13. Breaking up is never nice at the best of times, let alone under these circumstances. However, it seems like you're still acting as a good friend in spite of everything.
    Make sure you're taking some time, looking after yourself and staying in touch with your friends. If you need anything at all, we're here. In the meantime, don't be shy about popping into our coffee lounge and having a chat. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • loulabelle13
    Hi @Adrian_Scope I know breaking up isn't nice I have been through it many times. I have always been a good friend towards my so-called friend and I am trying to get him to reconsider being just my best friend again. I have typed him a letter explaining that I want him as my best friend again. Should I cut all contact until the Coronavirus lockdown is over or keep trying to get him to be my best friend again?

Brightness