Hi, my name is justjoe! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is justjoe!

Options
justjoe
justjoe Community member Posts: 16 Connected
I'm an autistic woman of middle age, once married and mum to an autistic child. I have cats, houseplants and I enjoy sunshine, crafting and reading. Just saying hello as encouraged. 

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @justjoe -  I hope you are well and keeping safe at this time.  Welcome to the community. our community is a friendly, supportive and diverse community. I hope that you have been able to find your way around the community? I would suggest that the best place to start is to look at the different categories and sections of interest to you.  Its great to have you here in our Community. If we can be of help to you, please do reach out to us. :smile:

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @justjoe - Welcome to this friendly community. It's nice to meet another bookworm & cat lover! We have quite a lot of members who enjoy various crafts. There are discussions about this, books, films, pets, & much more in our virtual 'Coffee lounge.' See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge
    I hope you enjoy being part of this group, & please say if you have any questions. :)

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @justjoe and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You sound as though you keep very busy.  I too have cats.  How many have you got?  What kind of crafts do you like doing?  I enjoy knitting and making cards.  You will be enjoying the lovely sunshine we are having just now, no doubt.  It's always lovely to see the sun.  

It is great to have you with us and I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.  If we can be of any help or support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @justjoe :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great to have you with us @justjoe. Have you popped into our coffee lounge?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • justjoe
    Options
    Yes I've had a brief look, thank you. Ails, I have 3 cats and enjoy a range of crafts including jewellery and candle making. I read a lot and write poetry sometimes which I've read at open mic nights. I don't know why I came to scope, I don't know what I'm looking for (apart from a new authentically autistic life) and I don't know if I will be a frequent visitor in the chat rooms. Fingers crossed though eh? Thanks for the replies chaps :-)
  • Jonquil
    Jonquil Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Good morning justjo.
    I would love to see some of your jewelry and your candles. I am a silver jewelry lover and like hand made jewelry. What kind do you make? 

I too am a newbie and have probably now passed the middle-age mark as am 50!! 

Jonquil xx
  • justjoe
    Options
    Good morning Jonquil, it's going to be a lovely day. I just play, I'm not a serious creator and don't make to sell. I play at wirework, metal clay and am learning to set gemstones - I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it to become serious and a way to earn a living but the real life chances of that are slender, in part because I'm fairly demand avoidant and also because my people skills are minimal. Thanks for your interest. 
  • Jonquil
    Jonquil Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Morning

It is serving a useful purpose then! People skills are overrated anyway!! Sometimes all we need are ourselves. 

Keep doing what you love and never say never. 

Jonquil 

Brightness