Hi, my name is leanne96! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is leanne96!

Options
leanne96
leanne96 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Nice to be on a forum that’s not maybe fb, I sometimes find it difficult to distract myself from my lil illnesses and I find I easily get into a rut with a few things.... please ppl don’t tell me I’m the only one x?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leanne96 - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community. You're definitely not on your own! Please look around & join in with any discussions you like, or relax & chat in our 'Coffee lounge.' All the links are just to the right. I hope you enjoy being here with us all. :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leanne96 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  You are amongst friends on here and will get lots of support from us so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  It can be hard not thinking about our illnesses at times and we all feel like that on occasion so we definitely know how you feel there and it is only natural to feel like that.  I'm sure you will make some new friends on the forum and that will help to take your mind off things.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • leanne96
    leanne96 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thanks ladies.... I think because I have muck up in operation, hospital negligence  ??was 9 yrs ago..... I still frustrated and because I’m trying to follow guidelines and stay in mostly its making my kidney and bladder play up more.....and my bk ache..... I generally upbeat and the strong person for everyone but this extra time and lack of routine isn’t helping. :( xxx
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leanne96, sorry to hear it is so frustrating for you being in lock-down just now.  Many of us are finding it difficult not living our normal lives.  Do you have any hobbies/interests you could do from home to pass the time or even take up a new interest?  I've found a few free online courses and have completed a couple which I have enjoyed.  

You may find this link helpful from MIND which covers a lot about maintaining a healthy well-being during this time - https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/#collapsefa02a

Also one of the recent discussions centred around how people are keeping upbeat during the lock-down so you may find that interesting and helpful also.  Just remember that you are not alone and we are here to support you anytime.  So please just chat to us as there will always be someone on here to chat and listen.  Being on the forum is a really good way to while away an hour or two chatting to new friends.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @leanne96. You're really welcome here. I think lockdown is making it easier than ever to fall into a rut, but we're a friendly community and I hope we'll be able to give you a hand if you need it.
    How are you doing today?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness