Hi, my name is Charioteer! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Charioteer!

Options
Charioteer
Charioteer Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Like some on here I am shielding due to a multitude of conditions, including, not limited too, diabetes and 3 spinal cord injuries. 
I reside in the beautiful city of Hull. As I live on my own my perspective of the world may be somewhat skewed ?. 5 weeks of staring at the same 4 walls can do that to you. I reckon I would receive more human contact had I been locked up in solitary confinement ?. All of which isn’t helping my mental wellbeing ?. 
It’s not all bad as I do have support, it’s just not the same as cuddling a loved one at the end of the day.  That is what I miss the most. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Charioteer - Welcome to this great community. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. It's a difficult situation we all find ourselves in, & I'm sorry it's affecting your mental well-being. I hope chatting here will help, as there's usually someone about. You might also like to try our 'Coffee lounge' for a little distraction; see the links on the right of this page.
    Scope has also put together some links to help our mental health at this time, which I hope you find useful too.

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Charioteer and welcome also from me to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment.  It is a very difficult and challenging time and I can appreciate that looking at 4 walls all the time is quite damaging to your mental health.  I hope you find the above link provided by @chiarieds to be helpful.  It is a really stressful time just now, but we will get through it and come out the other end, hopefully stronger for it!

Have you got any interests/hobbies you like to do or could take up doing from home?  Certainly being on here and chatting to people will while away an hour or two and people are so friendly on here.  You will find some great discussions on here too so please join in any that your find interesting.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and find the forum useful.  If we can be of any help/support to you at all then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Charioteer
    Charioteer Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    thank you for the advice. 
    I have several hobbies, I lack motivation and inclination to get involved at the moment. Perhaps the links may provide the inspiration. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome, @Charioteer.  Yes, I'm sure in your own time, then you will find the links to be inspiring.  It is only natural at this difficult time to lack motivation and inclination, but you will soon get these back.  Please don't hesitate to chat to us if you need us.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Charioteer. How are you getting on? It can be difficult to find motivation at the minute. Have you been able to stay in touch with any loved ones during this time? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness