Hi, my name is MysterE! I have a question regarding Green Power scooters — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MysterE! I have a question regarding Green Power scooters

Options
MysterE
MysterE Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Has anyone experienced the use of a Green Power scooter running at the designed speed of 15 mph which is the legal speed limit outside the UK.  I want to use my scooter on private land that is not subject to the normal road regulations, and I have contacted the manufacturer to find out the procedure for switching the 3 gear on, and they insist that I sign away my rights regarding the warranty on the scooter, saying it is a modification.  Take the machine across the channel to France and there are no questions asked but here in the UK I have to give up my rights to a warranty.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Options
    Hello @MysterE and welcome to the community!! 

Just wanted to pop up and say Hi, although I am no scooter expert... my suggestion would to contact the DVLA to see if they could help you with your legal rights? Or contact the warranty/those who made the bike?
  • MysterE
    MysterE Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I would add that the Green Power scooter is an amazing piece of kit and is great value at £1690 for the basic model and with the optional extras I had was a little under £2k.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MysterE - Welcome to the community. I'm sorry I'm unable to answer your query, but hope Laura has been helpful with her advice. It does sound like a very good scooter, which other members may be interested in knowing about. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MysterE, have you managed to find something suitable? :)
    Scope

• ngcjfhcjfgc566
    ngcjfhcjfgc566 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    MysterE said:
    Has anyone experienced the use of a Green Power scooter running at the designed speed of 15 mph which is the legal speed limit outside the UK.  I want to use my scooter on private land that is not subject to the normal road regulations, and I have contacted the manufacturer to find out the procedure for switching the 3 gear on, and they insist that I sign away my rights regarding the warranty on the scooter, saying it is a modification.  Take the machine across the channel to France and there are no questions asked but here in the UK I have to give up my rights to a warranty.
    There are 2 wires under the seat box,white with blue stripes on a connector,just bridge the 2 together with a piece of wire,be carefull as they are very fast in speed3.
  • uchitermon
    uchitermon Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    When my ZT4 was delivered. 2 years ago. Green Power made me sign a bit of paper saying I was going to use the scooter in France. After a ride of some 8 miles with my cycling mates chasing after me we then joined up with some walkers after about 3 miles the scooter "packed up". back at home an engineer came and tried various substitutions of components with no luck. They sent me a new replacement scooter which now shows 598 miles on the clock, done mainly at 15 mph. On both scooters there was a switch tied to the rear axle that "armed" the 3rd. 15 mph switch position. there was no discussion on the effect on warranty.
    ENJOY THE HIGHER SPEED ON CYCLE TRACKS
  • mac10
    mac10 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    On a green power bz500 there is a wire hanging down under the rear right body casing with a switch flick it the other way it will do 15mph. Bare in mind it is illegal unless on private ground in the UK 

Brightness