Football - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Football

Comments

• Tractorgirlali
    Tractorgirlali Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    hi hello wheelchair bound ...... I remember George Graham as ur manager lol hope u can see my profile pic ??
  • Tractorgirlali
    Thank u Adrian for that reminder lol 
  • Tractorgirlali
    Sorry wheelchair wonderland not bound !! 
  • Tractorgirlali
    Kevin Beattie was the best tractor boy !! Sad loss but we’ve all got r favourites at the team we support ...... in 78 I thought Paul mariner was the best thing in a pair of shorts lol he was a good player but there were some better but .... they all did their part 11 players make  a team don’t they ?
  • wheelchairWonderland
    wheelchairWonderland Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Mate Ray is the romford pele do you have Facebook we could took youth football for ages You have Lopez Pituto the midfield wrong spelling Azeez Remy Mitchell never heard much about Aurthar Onokowo the goalkeeper 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    @Adrian_Scope said:
    I definitely agree about the FA Cup. Not to harp on with cliches, but there was always something simultaneously accessible but prestigious about it.
    I'm not entirely sure about Arteta to be honest. But I think there's so much dead wood in the squad that it's not fair to judge any manager that comes in until there's been a proper rebuild. What about you?
    I think France would have been there or thereabouts, but their form in qualifying was a bit patchy. Other than that, Germany? Are Italy ever anyone's pick? Who would've been your dark horse? 
    Hi @Adrian_Scope
                                   Completely agree with what you have said about the FA cup and Arsenal have quite good form in it too :) I think Arteta is a good choice but there would appear to be problems behind the scenes at Arsenal as you say, lots of dead wood and from what I can tell watching them there doesn't appear to be much leadership on the pitch, what are your thoughts on it? I too think France would have been in the semi's for sure and I think my dark horse would have been Belgium, I tipped them in the World Cup and was gutted when they got knocked out to France in the semi's. For me, they played some of the best football in the tournament but France did the basics well. Thank you 

• WestHam06
    Hi @Tractorgirlali
                                How are you? Thank you for joining, all ways good to know there is another avid football fan out there! Ipswich, great choice, if I remember correctly a West Ham kid by the name of Freddie Sears came to play for you and is still with you now, what do you make of him as a player? Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    @Ails said:
    Hi @WestHam06, thank you for your response.  I hope you are well.  Re the World Cup, I enjoy a lot of the matches with France, Germany, Spain competing as they seem really good teams from what I can see with my limited knowledge of football!  However, the matches that I have always followed have been the Scotland v England matches even although often it has been very painful to watch us Scots being defeated, lol!  My hubby is a big Celtic fan so I'm a bit more genned up now about football since meeting him!  smiley 
    This is a really good thread which has got a lot of people contributing so well done!  smile
    Hi @Ails
                    How are you? I am good thank you, thanks for asking. Firstly, thank you for your kind words, I can't take credit for setting this thread up, it was @wheelchairWonderland idea, they just asked me for some help getting a conversation going.
     Really like your choice in International teams, all three that you mention play good football just in different ways. Scotland have got some good players in the ranks, Andy Robertson who @Richard_Scope will know well as he is Liverpool's left back and a quality defender. Also, there's Scott McTominay who plays in midfield for Man United so the future looks promising :) Also, Celtic, for me, are the best club in Scotland, I know Rangers are well liked up in Scotland as well but there is just something about Celtic, though I only catch the odd game on Sky. Thank you
  • Tractorgirlali
    Oh yes Freddie sears is a good player ...:if he scores he’s a hero lol 
  • Tractorgirlali
    Our former manager Paul hurst destroyed my beloved club 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @wheelchairWonderland
                                                 Great question, my best footballing memory as a West Ham fan was our last game at the Boleyn when we beat Man United 3-2, quality game with lots of memories as we bid farewell to home. Winston Reid got the winner, brilliant night! Another good footballing memory was Boxing day 2018, I went to Maidenhead vs Aldershot and the score was 4-3. Great atmosphere, great game! Thank you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    WestHam06 said:
    Completely agree with what you have said about the FA cup and Arsenal have quite good form in it too :) I think Arteta is a good choice but there would appear to be problems behind the scenes at Arsenal as you say, lots of dead wood and from what I can tell watching them there doesn't appear to be much leadership on the pitch, what are your thoughts on it? I too think France would have been in the semi's for sure and I think my dark horse would have been Belgium, I tipped them in the World Cup and was gutted when they got knocked out to France in the semi's. For me, they played some of the best football in the tournament but France did the basics well. Thank you 
    Definitely agree about the leadership issue. There hasn't been any leadership (or aggression) in the middle of the park since Vieira left. It's been frankly embarrassing at times watching us capitulate the way we have. I know our disciplinary record wasn't great in the Wenger invincible years but you could never fault the dedication.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Mate Ray is the romford pele
    That goal of his against Chelsea in the FA Cup is still one of my fondest memories.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @WestHam06.  I will pass on your nice complements about Celtic to my hubby - he will be delighted! Yes, Celtic are a very good team and well-followed in Scotland.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Tractorgirlali
    Hi ails nice to c another female football fan I am too a big football fan ?
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Adrian_Scope,   
                                   Completely agree, Vieira was world class, so dedicated and solid in midfield. I don't think that many footballers play like they used too, with dedication and passion. In my opinion, nowadays it's all about money and player power.  I remember as a youngster watching Vieira and Keane getting a little to involved and though I completely disagree with some of their actions, both showed a passion and willingness to do the best for their respective clubs. As a West Ham fan, Mark Noble is an absolute legend, he is not the best footballer in the world but their is a passion and determination to do his best for the Irons and he is extremely loyal. It does help that he is a West Ham fan himself.  Thank you.
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ails
                   No problem, please may I ask who is yours's and your husband's favourite player for Celtic? I like Scott Brown, Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Tractorgirlali
                                Completely agree, so good to meet other female football fans. I went to the Ladies FA Cup Final last year, fortunately for me it was West Ham ladies, and they played Man City ladies. Though we lost, it was good to see so many fans, both ladies and gentlemen, at the game. Thank you. 
  • Tractorgirlali
    I love to chat about football ty and I love ipswich town like all clubs they r steed in history ... my fav history point being Blanche Cobbold was the first female owner/director in football clubs ?.patrick and John Cobbold didn’t like football but did a lot for itfc lol
  • Tractorgirlali
    Steeped in history lol

Brightness