Hi, my name is nasim I am starting a scholarship for students aged 7-16! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nasim I am starting a scholarship for students aged 7-16!

Options
nasimedtree
nasimedtree Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I want to give back to the community and help by funding disabled students through their education by funding their tuition! 

It would mean so much to me to help equip students with resources that can support their education. 

You can find more information about us here:
[Removed by moderator pending review]

You can find more information about what we do here:

All students can benefit from our platform because we provide a personalised learning experience and we want to help students with disabilities as much as we can.

Will be in touch soon with regards to our scholarship!

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Scope

• forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 502 Pioneering
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hmm...this is at best just an advert for a tutoring company (of which there are many) And at worst, a scam. No address, phone, contact details or even photos that look like the UK.  No web presence and a suspiciously recent webpage (2020)  Happy to be proved wrong but I have looked at the website and found nothing at all about SEN or differentiated learning, or how you make your service accessible to kids with different access needs.  Where would I find that please?

• nasimedtree
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi, 

1. I wouldn't necessarily call it an advert because this the scholarship is all about giving students with disabilities access for FREE.

2. We have not publicised the scholarship yet because we are ironing out the final formalities.

3. We tailor our materials based on each unique individual based on a FREE consultation where we try to first understand the needs of each child then plan their lessons.

I just want to clarify the scholarship will be an initiative focused on supporting students with disabilities. We are not charging anything. My sole focus is to help students with disabilities and share the resources which I have developed to give extra support. 

In terms of different access needs - this is something we will include in our website once final formalities and logistics of the scholarship are sorted out.

My email is [Removed by moderator pending review] and it would be amazing if we can discuss this further to help us find the best solutions for students with disabilities. I am not an expert on the matter however I want to help as much as possible and with the right guidance and input, we can do something spectacular!

Please reach out via email to discuss how we can help and improve the positive impact we want to make. 

Kind regards,
    Nasim
    CEO, Ed Tree
  • forgoodnesssake
    edited May 2020
    Options
    But why does the web page have absolutely no geographical address or phone number or company registration number or anything?  What is your surname too please? (if you are the CEO it would be really useful to know that)  Thank you
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @nasimedtree and thanks for sharing this.
    Can I ask that you email the community inbox at community@scope.org.uk with some more information about the services you intend on offering? We have strict guidelines about the sort of content we link out to or promote and it helps to have as much information as possible.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • nasimedtree
    Options
  • forgoodnesssake
    Options
    Hopefully there is a bit more detail than on the webpage and on the reponses here.  personally I would never contact an organisation or a company via their online contact form unless I knew it was genuine and there was a bit more concrete infomration.  than ks

• forgoodnesssake
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope did you get what you asked for and are you happy that it is genuine?  Thanks

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @forgoodnesssake.
    I'm still trying to verify this, but will update as soon as we have more information.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.