Hey, I'm sam — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hey, I'm sam

sam_tex20
sam_tex20 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
hi, I'm Sam, I'm 18 from England. 
I have an assistance dog puppy called Texas-Toast, He is a Golden retriever, He is 2 months old so still very much a puppy.
I have several chronic illness including, chronic Migraine syndrome, Chronic daily headache disorder, Functional Neurological disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Severe Asthma and Non epileptic attack disorder
Nice to meet you all!

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @sam_tex20.
    How're you keeping busy at the moment?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam_tex20
    hey,
    Well this puppy take a lot of looking after, Also trying to get my college work completed.
    How about you what you up to?

• Adrian_Scope
    I'm working during the days and getting driven up the wall by three kids who are trapped inside.
    What are you studying at college?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome @sam_tex20! I can imagine your puppy is a lot, are they keeping you company during lockdown?

What are you studying at college? I hope it's going okay. :)
    Scope

• sam_tex20
    I'm Studying a level 3 extended technical diploma in Animal Management Xx
    I have my 3 Golden Retrievers, 2 Snakes, 2 Geckos, 11 chickens, tortoise, fish and scorpions all keeping me busy as well as my best friend Dan ( also joined today from Ireland) keeping me company. <3
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam_tex20 - Welcome to the community, Sam, & thank you for joining with your friend Dan. It sounds like you just might be an animal lover, as many of us are. I have one cat & she's enough for me to cope with! Anyway it's nice to 'meet' you too, & I'm sure I'll see you around the forum. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @sam_tex20 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam_tex20 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  You have some wonderful pets there!  Your puppy sounds adorable and what a wonderful name he has too!  I have a cat as well, but really love animals as many of our members do too.  I look forward to seeing you on here and hope you enjoy your time with us.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  Good luck with your college course too!  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2020
    sam_tex20 said:
    I'm Studying a level 3 extended technical diploma in Animal Management Xx
    I have my 3 Golden Retrievers, 2 Snakes, 2 Geckos, 11 chickens, tortoise, fish and scorpions all keeping me busy as well as my best friend Dan ( also joined today from Ireland) keeping me company. <3
    That's amazing @sam_tex20!
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Woa! Are there any animals you want but don't have at the moment @sam_tex20? I've always wanted a tortoise, but the house is such a mess at the moment I think we'd lose him.  :s
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ncmitch
    ncmitch Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    sam_tex20 said:
    hi, I'm Sam, I'm 18 from England. 
    I have an assistance dog puppy called Texas-Toast, He is a Golden retriever, He is 2 months old so still very much a puppy.
    I have several chronic illness including, chronic Migraine syndrome, Chronic daily headache disorder, Functional Neurological disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Severe Asthma and Non epileptic attack disorder
    Nice to meet you all!

Hi Sam,
    My name is Niamh and I am also from England and live with some of the conditions you have mentioned :)
    Your dog looks very cute! I imagine that training Texas-Toast might be challenging due to the unpredictable nature of FND symptoms and how quickly they can change, but I’m sure you’ll do a great job!
    I have FND, and a quick tip to shorten your list; NEAD comes under the umbrella of FND! I used to have NEAs as well.
    :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ncmitch - Niamh and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  How are you today?  I hope you enjoy being part of our great forum and find it an useful place to be.  Please join in any of the discussions that you find interesting and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just say.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ncmitch - Welcome to the community here, & thank you for joining us all, Niamh. Great you are reaching out & joining in with a discussion. This is what this great community is about; we all try to help & support each other.....just chatting, or sharing advice. Thank you for your input. I hope you find the forum helpful too, & look forward to seeing you about. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Welcome to you as well @ncmitch. How are you today?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness