Hi, my name is lizzieaw! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lizzieaw!

lizzieaw
lizzieaw Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I’m Lizzie aw

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lizzieaw - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community, & thank you for joining. How are you doing? :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lizzieaw and welcome to the Community.  I hope you are well and having a nice evening.  It's nice to meet you.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum as we are a friendly bunch of people on here.  I look forward to seeing you around anyway.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @lizzieaw! :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello and welcome @lizzieaw. How're you doing? :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @lizzieaw nice to meet new people, hope you are keeping well. Have a look around and feel free to join in any discussions. Is there anything we can help you with today, do you want to tell us a bit about yourself  
  • lizzieaw
    lizzieaw Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your kind welcome, I’m just starting to get used to the idea of having a disability, I’ve spent a bit of time trying to ignore it but it’s definitely here to stay, so I think it’s time to get used to the idea, I have EDS type 3 and Fibromyalgia 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are very welcome, @lizzieaw.  It is great to have you here!  I'm sorry to hear of your recent disability and can appreciate that this must be very upsetting and difficult news for you.  I have Spina Bifida and so have been born with my disability so have never known any other life, but I always think it must be a lot to take in when learning this distressing news for the first time.  You have the right attitude in accepting it and that is half the battle.  You will get there I'm sure and we are all here to support you on the forum so please just chat to us anytime you need us.  There are some other members of the forum who have Fibromyalgia too and so they may want to chat also and share their experiences with you.

Anyway, I hope you are keeping safe and well and have had a nice day.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness