Hi, new person signing on! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, new person signing on!

Grinchy
Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,841 Disability Gamechanger
Hi
My name is Ian, i'm from Liverpool, i suffer with Seizures diagnosed as non epileptic attack disorder, post traumatic stress disorder due to abuse as a child, depression and anxiety, i am a married father of 3 great kids, and i have various interests, from art to watching films, glad to be here

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Grinchy and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and thank you for joining us.  I'm sorry to hear about everything you have been through, but you will receive lots of support on here as people are lovely and friendly.  

Glad to hear you have lots of interests, which I hope are helping during lock-down.  What kind of films do you like watching?  I enjoy comedies and good dramas myself.  In the site we have a section called Kaleidoscope where members display their arts & crafts so if you are a fan of art you may like to look there or even share some of your art work with us if you would like.  We also have a virtual Coffee Lounge where we discuss subjects such as films, books, pets, hobbies, etc so I'm sure you will make a very valuable contribution to there also.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions you find interesting.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway and hope you enjoy being with us on the forum.  If we can be of any help or support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    @Grinchy hi Ian, I also suffer with mental health issues an depression due to sexually abused  as a child aswell, and there are a lot of us on here trying to cope with this aswell, I'm sure they will welcome u aswell on here ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Grinchy and welcome to the community :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Grinchy
    Thanks for the nice welcome, i love comedy films and am a big sci fi film lover , i have my own star wars room at home stuffed with collectibles, you can call me a nerd its fine, lol, hi gillian, sorry to hear of your troubles growing up, but i'm glad to hear there is support for people like us, finally i have just shared in the kaleidoscope a couple of my art pieces, feel free to have a look 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are very welcome, @Grinchy.  That great that you love comedy films too and are a big sci fi film lover.  Your Star Wars room sounds great and not nerdy at all!  I have just looked in Kaleidoscope and have saw your fabulous art pieces.  Great stuff!  Thanks for sharing.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Grinchy - Welcome to the community from me too. Thank you for joining Ian. I'm sorry to read about all the difficulties you face, but great to read that you have a much-loved family now. Do you have a favourite artist, or sculptor?.....having also looked on Kaleidoscope to see your amazing creations.
    Collecting erm collectables is absolutely fine....my spare bedroom is my library; I collect first editions of my favourite authors, poetry, & histories of revolutions (don't know why but interested in the French Revolution, Russian Revolution & Spanish Civil War).
    My now daughter-in-law thought my son a computer nerd; one of the things she liked about him. Being a nerd is positive & makes a person unique. They both collect books, & lego too!
    Thank you very much for sharing your creations; something so completely different. :)
  • Grinchy
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @Grinchy - Welcome to the community from me too. Thank you for joining Ian. I'm sorry to read about all the difficulties you face, but great to read that you have a much-loved family now. Do you have a favourite artist, or sculptor?.....having also looked on Kaleidoscope to see your amazing creations.
    Collecting erm collectables is absolutely fine....my spare bedroom is my library; I collect first editions of my favourite authors, poetry, & histories of revolutions (don't know why but interested in the French Revolution, Russian Revolution & Spanish Civil War).
    My now daughter-in-law thought my son a computer nerd; one of the things she liked about him. Being a nerd is positive & makes a person unique. They both collect books, & lego too!
    Thank you very much for sharing your creations; something so completely different. :)
    Thanks for the lovely welcome, everyone has been so friendly, its a great place, and lots of good discussions going on, glad you like my work, as for favourite sculptors they are all film based as thats my background, i would say Rick baker is a favourite and **** smith, both makeup artists and sculptors,so very very talented, glad you have your own cave of wonders lol, your collection sounds interesting, i do like history, but sorry to say i know nothing about any of the miltary history you mentioned, but whatever floats your boat and gives you pleasure, more power to you, and glad your son and daughter in law got the collecting bug to, i like lego but don't collect it, its very expensive, at least the star wars ones are
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @Grinchy. I just wanted to say welcome. I saw some of your work in a couple of other threads and was very impressed. I hope you'll stick around! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Grinchy
    Thanks @Adrian_Scope, glad you like my stuff, i do plan on sticking around

Brightness