Hi, my name is salk64! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is salk64!

salk64
salk64 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hiya to everyone how are you doing. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @salk64 I'm not too bad thank you, how are you? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @salk64!!
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @salk64 , always nice to see new members around. Have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions 
  • salk64
    Hi thanks for your reply I’m ok thank you 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Afternoon @salk64. How are you keeping busy at the moment?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • salk64
    Hiya I’m making cards really enjoying it. Made lots and I’m crocheting 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    You sound quite creative @salk64. If you have anything you'd like to share with us, why not take a look at our KaleidoScope thread?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @salk64 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  

Interesting to hear you make cards as I do that too and really enjoy it.  It can be really therapeutic at times!  I can't crochet though, although I do knit.  

I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @salk64 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining with your kind wishes. I'm keeping well, thank you, & I hope you are the same. It's good you have some interests to keep you busy at this time. I used to knit a lot, but could never get the hang of crocheting! I'm grateful for the sunny weather we've been getting so I can go & potter in the garden. I hope you continue to join in, & enjoy being a part of this friendly community. :)
  • salk64
    I’m so glad I have found this community as I have been in the house for 14 weeks and have had to keep myself busy. I have had laughs cries I have got 4 children 2 girls and 2 boys all left home. I brought them up as a single mum but you wouldn’t think that the two youngest keep in touch but my other two barely bothered to contact me. I just have a smile on my face everyday but if people knew you was screaming inside. I’m so glad I can come here and chat 
  • chiarieds
    It's lovely to talk to you too. I think having somewhere to chat helps a lot of us at this difficult time. I can't remember when I last went anywhere beyond my garden. Just being able to get out in that certainly helps me just now. I'm sorry to read about your eldest children; that can't be easy to live with. You can come here & vent any time as well as chat, as there's usually someone here, & we support each other as much as we can. Everyone is really friendly here so I hope it helps you too. :)
  • salk64
    It does help me and thank you for supporting me. I really appreciate it 
  • chiarieds
    You're very welcome. We do care for each other here. :)
  • salk64
    Does anyone know how I go about having a ramp fitted on my front door and path please. I have ppms and I have worsened over the last three months I use a wheelchair when I go out When? My husband has to help me to the car and he is struggling anyone with advice would be great I just don’t know how I go about doing it 
  • chiarieds
    You ask you for an occupational therapist to visit. Just don't know if that's possible due to Covid-19 right now. You can apply here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/care-services-equipment-and-care-homes/home-adaptations/
    If you're looking to buy, you could try here: https://www.theramppeople.co.uk/    or
    I have bought from the latter shop on several occasions, but not ramps! Wheelchair users will probably know more about this, & may be able to better help. :)

Brightness