Hi I’m Jason from Bristol uk — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I’m Jason from Bristol uk

Everton270475
Everton270475 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
I’m 45 I’ve cerebral palsy, I’m wheelchair bound, live with my parents, struggling with lockdown, also have some mental health issues

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Everton270475 Welcome to the community nice to have you on board. 

I think lots of us are struggling with the lockdown and how we have had to change our normal routines.

We are a very friendly community and here to support, have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions or start one yourself, maybe start off in the coffee lounge or in the welcome and introductions.

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • Everton270475
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Everton270475 - Welcome to this great community. I think all of us are finding this lockdown difficult at times, so appreciate it's difficult for you. What sort of things have you been doing to keep occupied?
    If you try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' you might enjoy chatting there, & we have had some posts about the sort of things people have been looking at doing at this time. There's a link to it & other discussions right at the top of this page. :)
  • Everton270475
    Thanks haven’t really been doing anything
  • AvsNutWhalley
    AvsNutWhalley Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @Everton270475. Hi my name is Paul. Are you from Meresyside also would you like to keep in touch with you. Is that ok?
  • Everton270475
    I’m from Bristol. But yeah I’m here to make friends.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Everton270475 and welcome to the community. 
    I'm sorry to read you're struggling with lockdown mate. It's been a big adjustment for many of us and I think a lot of people can relate to how you're feeling. 
    Would I be right in assuming from your username you're an Everton supporter? If so, there's a football thread you might fancy taking part in.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Everton270475
  • AvsNutWhalley
    AvsNutWhalley Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @ Everton270475. I am happy oblige my new friend
  • Everton270475
    hey thanks for all the kind messages, much more friendly on here, than some simular places
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Everton270475 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and have you on board!  I'm really sorry to hear that you are struggling with lock-down.  It's an extremely challenging time just now, but we will get through it and come out the other end.  A lot of people find they are struggling at the moment.  Do you keep in touch with family and friends during this time?  

This is a really good supportive space full of lovely, friendly people so no doubt you will fit right in and make some new friends on here.  I'm glad you are enjoying the experience so far and finding it friendly.  I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Everton270475
    Don’t really get out much, due to a mixture of Mental Health, Cerebal Palsy and autism traits.

i May be going into care soon, and a possible catherter op.
  • Ails
    I'm really sorry to hear about all of that, @Everton270475.  I hope everything goes well for you.  Please chat to us anytime if you need us as we are all here to support you.  :smile:
  • Everton270475
    I was bought up in a era, where people who are disabled. We’re treated differently, so I’ve never really become very independant.
  • Ails
    I'm sorry to hear about that, @Everton270475.  On this Community you will not be treated any differently and are a valued member and we all look out for each other.  Do you have any hobbies/interests that you do from home?  Is there anything we can help you with?  :smile:
  • Everton270475
    Personally one of my interests Is sport, But of course due to COVid it all came to a halt, I know there are now small steps to bringing it back.

I use youtube a lot
  • Everton270475
    so is there somebody on here every day to support
  • Ails
    Oh that's good.  What kind of sport are you into?  Do you play or watch?  Yes, it's unfortunate everything is at a halt just now.  I enjoy watching tennis and love Wimbledon so will really miss it this year.  

YouTube is fab!  I enjoy watching it too, particularly funny animal clips on it.  What do you like watching on it?  :smile:
  • Everton270475
    Mainly football but I will watch anything.  Never played any sport, before lockdown my father bought me a radio controlled buggy, after wondering for years, what we’d both like.

I do subscribe to a couple of autism vloggers on YouTube, as I feel I’m probably autistic or have Asperger as I have traits
  • Ails
    Oh that's good you like football.  You must be missing it, but I hope you are getting a chance to watch some of the old matches they have been showing on TV.  Is it Everton you are into?  I know nothing about football myself really, but my husband is a big football fan and loves Celtic.  There are a few of our members who enjoy football too and there is currently a discussion about this so you may want to have a wee look and join in if you fancy it.  

Oh your radio controlled buggy sounds like fun!  Have you used it yet?

Glad you enjoy following the vloggers and hope you find it useful.  :smile:

Brightness