Hi, my name is mrsB1984! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mrsB1984!

mrsB1984
mrsB1984 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my names tania and I've been married for 2 years but been with my beautiful wife 12 years she got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue in 2013 after our son was born in 2012 rocked our world to day the least alot has changed but were so much further forward than we where it is defiantly one of those diseases that people look and think nothings wrong or frown because she's using a walking stick... anyhow just thought I'd say hi with a little background x

Comments

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    @mrsB1984 Hello Tania welcome to the community! How are you today?

I am sorry to hear about her diagnosis, it is unfortunate people can be so ignorant, however the important thing is she has your love and support. If you would like any specific advice for her, we have advisers and also people that also have the condition on the forum that can talk to you more about it, so please let us know.

Please have a look around the group discussions in the forum, everyone is really supportive and friendly. We also have a coffee lounge for general talk, interests and other activities. 

We look forward to seeing you around the forum!
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrsB1984 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for joining us.  I'm really sorry to hear about your wife's health issues, but glad she has your fabulous support.  Yes, some people can be very unkind with their words and actions, but it is best to ignore these people as they aren't worth worrying about!  

I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and find it a useful place to be.  We are a friendly and supportive bunch of people on here!  I look forward to seeing you around anyway.  If we can be of any help/support to you or your wife then please don't hesitate to let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrsB1984 - Welcome to the community from me too, Tania. Thank you for joining & sharing about you both. I'm sorry to read about wife's diagnoses. This must be very hard for you both, but it's great to read you're both much further on. Unfortunately fibromyalgia is another 'invisible disorder' that many people don't understand.
    I hope you find being part of this community a good place to chat, as we all try to support one another here. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to have you here @mrsB1984. I hope you find this a supportive platform and feel free to have a look around.

How are you and your wife finding lockdown? Please let us know if we can do anything to help. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @mrsB1984. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness