Hi, my name is ladybundle! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ladybundle!

ladybundle
ladybundle Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have hypomobility and arthritis in my hands rists and knees. I also have depression and anxiety for around 40 Years and I can't spell so I always use predictive text 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ladybundle and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear about your health issues.  I hope you are keeping safe and well during these difficult times.  Yes, predictive text can be very useful at times and glad it helps you.

We are a friendly and supportive bunch of people on here so please chat to us anytime you want to as there will always be someone on here to chat to and listen.  We have lots of interesting discussions going on so please feel free to have a look at them and join in any you fancy.  Our virtual Coffee Lounge is a fun place to be as we chat about lighter subjects such as our pets, hobbies, music, books, etc and is often a good place to start chatting to people.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ladybundle - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I have some understanding of your hypermobility problems, as I also have this. I have the hypermobile type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, & this has caused me to have arthritis in many joints. You might find the Ehlers-Danlos UK Support group helpful too. See: https://www.ehlers-danlos.org/
    Scope has also provided some help for our mental health during this pandemic: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/mental-health-and-coronavirus
    I hope you find us all friendly here, & supportive too, & I look forward to hearing from you again. :)

• ladybundle
    ladybundle Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you iam quite with not much contact with people over the last 15 year. I woke up one morning and my baby was 12 years old.
    Iam trying to make the most of  time with him. I keep telling my self keep moving forward every day 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ladybundle, how are you today?  You are quite right to make the most of your time with your child and move forward every day in life.  That is the right way to be.  How have you been managing during lock-down?  I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had much contact with people over the years.  You will find lots of lovely people to chat to on here as everyone is very friendly and it is a great place to meet new friends.  I hope you are having a nice weekend and have been enjoying the lovely sunshine we are having.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ladybundle - I'm sorry to read about the difficulties you've been facing, but hope you are enjoying spending more time with your son just now. Yes, small steps, & you will move forward. Being positive at this time, perhaps even more than before this pandemic, is the way to move forward, as you say.
    I hope you & your son are therefore enjoying this 'extra' time you have together, as well as the lovely weather. I hope you've both had a good weekend. Lovely to talk to you. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @ladybundle. That's a positive attitude to have. Have you and your son been doing much during lockdown together?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ladybundle

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you ?

I’m one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with??

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome nice to have you on board.

I too have a teenage son and he is my world my rock and my inspiration.

We do what we can together and I must admit me becoming disabled 3 years ago has brought us closer than we would have been and I am being a bit selfish and loving having him at home all the time during lockdown (it does have a bonus) 

Brightness