Assessment/report back DWP already - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment/report back DWP already

Comments

• Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    I have only received a copy of the medical assessment report . I had my assessment by phone on may 13. I understand from people on here it is unusual for dwo assessors to change the thoughts of the medical assesors, well I hope they don't anyway!!!!!! I asked for medical report to be sent to me by calling up dwp although that can be fun. I don't know the timescale of when I get the award letter , maybe some posters on here are better informed on that than me.
  • Brumboy68
    Quick update Still haven't received official benefit letter 2 weeks after telephone assessment. Been stuck in hospital since Monday after having six seizure in a forty minute spell and nearly stopping breathing. But you guys enjoying the sun and I'm in air controlled bay just not fair lol. Hospital really affected by covid. This ward is normally rammed more than half empty now.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@Brumboy68, Sorry to hear youv ended up back in hospital, hope your well enough to get home soon, and hope your letter arrives soon for you keep your chin up ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear you are in hospital @Brumboy68! How have your seizures continued? Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care and please keep us updated.
    Scope

• Brumboy68
    I had 8 within 40 minutes on Monday morning collapsing on to the lawn. We're really bad ones one lasted 7 mins. Breathing was really affected
  • Brumboy68
    Only had 2 on Tuesday may be released tomorrow. 
  • Brumboy68
    Finally being released from hospital still waiting for decision letter. Hospitals are empty everyone scared of covid.
    Do hope my letter comes soon had phone assessment on may 13 scored 12 on mobility so fingers crossed. What's that big yellow thing in the sky I don't recognise it...
  • Chloe_Scope
    This must have been a scary time for you @Brumboy68. I hope you have been able to rest up at home. 
    Scope

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Brumboy68 said:
    Finally being released from hospital still waiting for decision letter. Hospitals are empty everyone scared of covid.
    Do hope my letter comes soon had phone assessment on may 13 scored 12 on mobility so fingers crossed. What's that big yellow thing in the sky I don't recognise it...
    aww so sorry to hear of your predicament :( :(really hope you are able to rest a little, i hope and do think you will get good news re: your decision, best wishes  :)
  • katho31
    This must have been a scary time for you @Brumboy68. I hope you have been able to rest up at home. 
    hi chloe@scope, ive been waiting nearly 16 wks for a response fromdwp regarding my application for pip, i spoke to a person at dwp almost 2 weeks ago and was told to be patient and my application was with an assessor, do you have any advice please as ive been ringing since yesterday morning early and cant get through, ive no income from any benefits, im just upset and down at moment, sorry?
  • Chloe_Scope
    katho31 said:
    hi chloe@scope, ive been waiting nearly 16 wks for a response fromdwp regarding my application for pip, i spoke to a person at dwp almost 2 weeks ago and was told to be patient and my application was with an assessor, do you have any advice please as ive been ringing since yesterday morning early and cant get through, ive no income from any benefits, im just upset and down at moment, sorry?
    @katho31. I imagine this is so frustrating! Have you asked for a copy of the report? This could give you an indication about what result to expect. Here is some information about how you might be able to access financial help due to the current situation.

I really hope you don't have to wait much longer. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help.
    Scope

• katho31
    many thanks @ Chloe_Scope, i didnt realise i could ask for a copy of report, thanks, i will again try to get through by tel tomorrow, let you all know if im successful. ill have another look at the website you recommended
  • katho31
    katho31 said:
    @katho31. I imagine this is so frustrating! Have you asked for a copy of the report? This could give you an indication about what result to expect. Here is some information about how you might be able to access financial help due to the current situation.

I really hope you don't have to wait much longer. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help.
    hi, sorry for mithering, you do know that i havent had a tel consultation with an assessor yet, just the woman at dwp telling me my app was with an assessor
  • Lou67
    Hi@Kath31 Sorry to hear you still haven’t heard anything, it’s a long time without an assessment, unless they are deciding without a f2f I don’t know how that goes or if they do that but hope you hear something real soon.
  • katho31
    thank you @Lou67 thats very kind, my husband keeps trying to phone as ive had tremendous pain today and flat out with painrelief and heat/lathargy  :( got to keep hope and should hear soon
  • Lou67
    @katho31. So sorry to hear that, fingers crossed you get word soon take care. 
  • katho31
    many thanks @Lou67 :) had awful night barely slept, rang dwp half 8 then 9 just they are so busy, trying again now, got an engineer coming to tv at 12 my hubbys been on nights and has to get some sleep he had a busy shift, just very anxious and feel sickly nerves i just want some clarity from dwp!!!  :( ive txtd the engineer to say about social distancing and im staying in my second living room when he arrives, dont want to see or talk to anyone like i am today  :'(
  • Lou67
    @katho31.  Aww I’m so sorry to hear your having such a hard time, and benefit worry on top of everything else your going through is so tuff, just want you to know your in my thoughts, I love this forum I have met a lot of lovely people, it’s a great life line ?
  • katho31
    i know and i feel so much better than 5 mins ago!! communication is a great reliever of stress thank god  :) very grateful for your empathy and this forum really is beneficial to us all and our mental/physical health probs, some really nice people, i wont give up, just having a mad blip!! there are people a lot worse than myself, im grateful i can see, love reading and can type and help others  :D:)
  • Lou67
    @katho31. Aw that’s lovely, when I’m feeling so **** and feeling sorry for myself then I try to remember there’s people a lot worse of than me as you sd, hope you get through to DWP this time it’s so frustrating. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.