Hi, my name is Rocky36! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rocky36!

Options
Rocky36
Rocky36 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello there I’ve stumbled upon this and thought I would give this a try I have Asperger’s and also my wife as well I also have a lovely 6 month old girl and yeah things are going well as far as my work life goes though it’s not that great and feel like it’s a job where I am going through the motions and not taken seriously but that’s enough of me moaning it’s good to be here 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rocky36 - It's great to be the first to welcome you to this friendly community. I was like you, & stumbled upon Scope, & pleased I did. It's lovely you both have a little girl; it's wonderful watching the new things they become able to do.
    My son just came around with his wife this evening (chatting in the garden). She's just received confirmation of when she can start the job she's always wanted (& they'd come around for some paper so she could write her resignation letter for her current job). It's taken quite some time, & she applied for other kinds of jobs too. I appreciate that it's difficult at this time, but you could look around for a job that would really interest you, & where you'd be valued.
    Scope may be able to help, as they have some online info. See: https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/
    I hope you enjoy being part of the community, & you can moan, or chat here any time. :)

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rocky36 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and glad that you found us!  Thank you for the interesting introduction and I'm sorry to hear that work isn't great at the moment.  Yes, often a lot of us find at some point our jobs become a bit of a pain which is really unfortunate!

Some members of the forum also have Aspergers and so you may like to connect with them.  We are a friendly bunch of people on here and I'm sure you will fit right in!  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you find interesting.  We have a virtual Coffee Lounge where we talk about lighter subjects such as our pets, hobbies, movies, books, etc and this is often a good place to start chatting to people.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and find it an useful place to be.  I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rocky36

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

You sound like things are ticking over nicely.

Having a “Dally Routine” makes things easier don’t you think??????

Is there any “Info/support/help “ that we can offer you?

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rocky36 Welcome to the community from me too, Its great you have found us and joined.

It is a great place for support, advice a chat or even a rant. I look forward to seeing you around if you have the time in between looking after your daughter
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good to have you with us @Rocky36. I hope to see you around. :smile:

How long have you been in your current job?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness