Hi, my name is insertawittyusername! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is insertawittyusername!

insertawittyusername
insertawittyusername Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had a car crash last year in which a broke my back and am now in a wheel chair. I have really great friends and I love them dearly. But Im just looking for some new friends who understand what it's like to have a disability like me. ????

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @insertawittyusername Welcome to the community its great to have you on board.

I am sorry to hear about your car crash and how this has been life changing.

I am also in a wheelchair and have been for 3 years and understand what its like for your life to just change overnight and how hard it is to adjust.

Have a good look around the site it is a very friendly and supportive community here to offer advice support or just a chat   

I look forward to seeing you around (love the user name btw)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @insertawittyusername

Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We are all here to help & assist any new members.

I am very very sorry to hear about your accident & I do hope that you are on the way to recovery????

We are a very friendly bunch really.

Please please have a good look around & if you have anything/problems please let me know.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @insertawittyusername - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Thank you for joining us all. I think you'll find a lot of understanding here as we have several full, or part-time wheelchair users, & most of us have disabilities. After I qualified as a physio, I spent several months on a spinal injuries unit, so I have a little understanding from the 'other side of the fence'. The most amazing patient there was a very high level tetraplegic. When he was well enough, he used to go around the ward in his electric wheelchair encouraging all the other newer patients. His attitude was, if I can do this, know you will do so much better. I learnt a lot from him, & 2 great paraplegics in particular.
    It's good you have some really great friends, & I'm sure you'll make some more here. Chat here any time about any thing. It's nice to 'meet' you. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Heya @insertawittyusername.

I'm glad you found us! You're more than welcome here on the community. Have you popped by our coffee lounge and taken part in some of our lighter topics?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @insertawittyusername, feel free to jump right in! :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @insertawittyusername :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness