Hi, my name is anxietygirl! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is anxietygirl!

anxietygirl
anxietygirl Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hope everything is well this evening, I’m new here and suffer from chronic health anxiety , I am so bad atm I am scared to message out for fear of the answers I may get ... suffering from 2 new diagnosis this week hyperparathyroidism and developed a lump near my (r) side of neck/back near shoulder could be a cyst or lipoma , all I know is I am suffering so much this week and could do support ... but nothing scary !!!

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anxietygirl

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help so you with ???

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anxietygirl and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling, having experienced health anxiety in the past myself I know it is scary. Unfortunately, we are not medical professionals, I would advise that if you're more concerned than usual, then speak to your GP.  I know it's incredibly daunting but best to get checked :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @anxietygirl. I'm sorry you're struggling so much with this at the moment. Please try not to worry about the sort of responses you'll get here. We aim for this place to be a safe space.
    Unfortunately as Ami said, we're not medical professionals so we can't advise or reassure you in that regard, but it would really be best to speak to your GP about your concerns.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • anxietygirl
    Thank you I have spoken to my gp ? but my anxiety is the same , I know there is nothing anyone can say or do to ease my concerns really, as it’s up to me to rationalise this , but I do feel better knowing that I can  talk to people on here ?
  • steve51
    Hi @anxietygirl

That is great that you have spoken to your gp.

Yes we are all here for you.

You may find that doing a 1-1 session & getting things off your “chest” you may find that that will be very useful ????

Please please let me know if that will help????

@steve51
  • anxietygirl
    Thanks Steve

I find it hard to talk about things but thank you for your message on here 
  • steve51
    Hi @anxietygirl

That’s my Pleasure ???????

I am very very happy in doing a 1-1 on our private “wall”

You may find this helpful???????

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anxietygirl - welcome to this friendly community. I'm sorry for the difficulties you're facing, but am pleased you've joined, as everyone here will want to support you. Just talk if, & when you want. You might like to have a look in our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where people chat about their interests & hobbies & so much more. There's a link at the top of the page. Sometimes finding something that distracts can take our mind off things a little. :)

Brightness