Capita telephone assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita telephone assessment

13»

Comments

• samfits99
    samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    @Dave1979 I have special needs and ADHD. went to a special needs school on the mini bus. and I got it straight away! the decision maker said because I went a special needs unit granted me PIP. and I would of gave you a reward based on that alone. and evidence as that’s a life long condition. so I’m happy. 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi @samfits99, my laptop froze for an hour whilst i was printing advice for you, ill  keep trying, maybe this heavy rain and winds today? stay strong and dont give up, im very sorry you have been treated so bad 
  • Dave1979
    Dave1979 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    @samfits99 Hi, my wife is in the same position, she attended a special needs school and traveled on the minibus, she got full rate pip first time. I have special needs too but I attended a mainstream school (with great difficulty) and they are trying to use that against me 
  • katho31
    hi @Dave1979, sorry about your awful situation, please dont give up
  • greenman
    greenman Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    How do I know? It’s my area of work and has been for a long time. I’ve yet to come across anyone working in the field nationally who would say its worse across the board. It is not. Of course there are exceptions but they are just that. 

I’ve already acknowledged that your experiences is your experience. That does not make it the majority experience. A fact acknowledged by the Work and Pensions committee who, after having the largest response in history, could still only conclude that there was an issue in a significant minority of cases. Since lockdown, telephone assessments have generally been better for people and ditto telephone appeals. People don’t tend to come online and describe what a great experience they had so you won’t be reading that here unless people who have dealt with more than their own case and some stuff on a forum say so. 

You might want to read some of my other posts on here before you comment further. My final sentence was “ Proving a HCP wrong is not how you get PIP.”. To answer your question it was addressed to those who wish to have a successful outcome regardless of their HCP experience. 

Over the past 7 years of PIP it can be demonstrably shown to be good advice; the most likely advice you’ll get from a welfare rights adviser and absolutely legally correct. It’s also a line used by tribunals. Weakening one piece of evidence which goes against you does just that. Nothing else. When the tribunal then turn round and conclude that, despite that, you’re not entitled because the rest of your evidence was insufficient? What then? So, that sentence? Great advice. Actually possibly the best single piece of advice on getting PIP you will ever get. 

You are absolutely free to disregard it. 
    Who exactly are you working for? It would be interesting to know where you are coming from. 
    You dont seem concerned about exceptions,  unfair treatment and denied suppport?  
    Im not interested in the majority and more than likley either are those similarly unfairly treated on here.  The majority is not relevent here, that is the point you miss. 
    Im not interested in your statistics, and you also tend to state the obvious.  
    What would be helpful is getting the unfairness recognised and having the DPW acknowledge the current difficulties with telephone consultations.  They could provide some additional fall back route for those who think they are adversly affected by the procedures put in place during this current viral pandemic, before they need to ask for a MR.   
     Proving a HCP wrong is not how you get PIP.” This is not something I have in mind or have expressed, so where are you coming from? Again, this states the obvious.   
    Im bringing my experience of the telephone consultation to this forum to share with others who have also been unfairly treated by the telephone consultations.  This is what this Forum Topic is about.  Hopefully it can bring it to peoples attension and get some consideration from the DWP.  It should be clear that not all of us are happy with the outcome of the telephone consultatuions and we are looking for help and relevent advise. 

• dawny63
    dawny63 Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    Ditto well  said. And if you look at how many actually  get an award.!! Itsnot many.  
  • greenman
    Bottom line? Tribunals aren’t interested in your view of the HCP and will want to hear minimally about the wrongs of the report. As stated above, proving entitlement to PIP is not done just by ripping apart a HCP report.

If the DWP relies on the HCP Report,  you would then expect them to use it to uphold their decisions in a Tribunal.  As such, ripping up the HCP report might well be a considerable part of winning your case.  I think you would be fool to attend a Tribunal and not be prepared to do this.  If any part of the Report can be discredited then it will help place things more in your favour.    

• katho31
    Now calling people fools?? whats going on, why is this person allowed to post that??
  • dawny63
    dawny63 Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    If it's not correct!! Written down wrong or LIES!! Obviously  someone wouldn't  just  accept  it.  If they deliberately  put words in your mouth or say you said something.  Why shouldn't  you say anything  to help  your case.
  • greenman
    katho31 said:
    Now calling people fools?? whats going on, why is this person allowed to post that??
    Im not calling anyone a fool, Im pointing out that the advise given by the relevent member is not something someone should rely on literally.  And that those attending Tribunals should be well prepared for their case by taking everything in to accout that is likley to be relied apon to reject your case.  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Please be mindful and respectful of other members. Thanks.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.